Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Backup of boot2?

Posted by galluzzt 
Backup of boot2?
May 15, 2009 04:05PM
Hi,

I'm new to Wii hacks and I'd like to install BootMii and HBC on my Wii. I have extensive experience with software and robotics and I would like to help beta test HackMii. I run an online open source project of my own and I know how important beta testing is.

I've researched and read a lot of your blogs and online documentation and I think you all have done an amazing job reverse engineering the Wii and writing some great software for it. Good job!

I've verified that bannerbomb works for my Wii (System Menu 4.0U unfortunately, and manufactured in 2007) but before I use HackMii, I'd like to know if it is possible to backup my NAND including the original boot2? I've read that you have a backup utility ready to go but it wasn't clear if the original virgin system is backed up, or the new one with a modified boot2.

Thanks, and again great job!
Re: Backup of boot2?
May 15, 2009 07:18PM
The backup utility is located inside of Bootmii, thus to backup the NAND, you would have to install Bootmii first.

It's a relatively safe hack, as long as there is no immediate danger of power failure...(Bootmii installs in seconds...)

Uninstallation will be available soon, although I have no idea why you would ever want to remove it. You can probably even find a way to install a fresh boot2, if you googled...dunno if that works due to keys though.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login