Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bootmii flashable binary to SD card?

Posted by Cappo 
Bootmii flashable binary to SD card?
May 17, 2009 03:09AM
I've read in one of #hackmii's chat logs that the raw form of Bootmii can't be redistributed because of copyright issues.
I have a full-bricked Wii that has a compatible boot1, but I'm having trouble finding another Wii that has a compatible boot1 so I could install Bootmii-boot2 on that and dump it's nand.

Would it be possible to have the Hackmii installer write the Bootmii-boot2 to the SD card instead of the nand, so I could use that to unbrick my Wii?
Re: Bootmii flashable binary to SD card?
May 18, 2009 03:21AM
Unfortunately for you, no. The Wii isn't a PC and it's only way to boot is through the nand.
May 19, 2009 07:12PM
No no, I mean I don't have access to a compatible boot1 Wii, but I have access to a non boot1 compatible Wii, so I can use the working non-compatible one to run the installer, and instead of writing the modified boot2 to NAND, write it to SD so that I can use an Infectus or something to flash my broken Wii with.
May 19, 2009 10:54PM
If the boot2 is backed up with the restoremii feature of bootmii, it may then be possible for someone to send you a dump to use or at least part of one if possible.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login