Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can you uninstall BootMii?

Posted by luigirocks 
Can you uninstall BootMii?
May 18, 2009 03:05AM
I installed BootMii using the Hackmii installer that included DVDX and HBC. Everything seemed to install properly including BootMii. It was successful during the installer, but when I turned off the system and turned it on again all I got was a black screen. If I remove the SD card before turning the system on it boots normally, but if the SD is inserted I get a black screen. If I format the Wii System memory will that remove the BootMii? Also I'm not sure, but will I lose my download rights to the VC games I bought? Thanks.
Re: Can you uninstall BootMii?
May 18, 2009 01:33PM
Just wait out the black screen bootmii will load eventually. There are some bugs effecting card speed on boot, if you dont want bootmii to boot either backup the bootmii folder from the sd card to a pc then remove the folder from the sd card. Or dont have the card inserted when the wii is booting.
May 18, 2009 06:26PM
You can format the system memory without losing the rights to your games. It will ask you to untie the console to the account. Don't do that, and you will keep the rights.

However, if you format the system memory, Bootmii will not be removed. First you need to attempt to reinstall Bootmii. Follow these steps.

1. Backup any important files on the SD card.
2. Reformat the card using Fat32.
3. Reinstall Bootmii via the Hackmii installer.

If the issues occur again, you might consider trying a different SD card. If the issues continue to occur, it is probably a bug and your best bet is to wait for the new version of Bootmii.
May 19, 2009 05:32AM
The thing is that nothing happens when the SD card is inserted. It just stays black and I have to press and hold the power button to turn it off. I did the steps diffikolt gave on formatting the SD to FAT32 and attempted to reinstall bootmii with two different SD cards. It says successful, but it's the same thing. Thanks for the help guys. I'll just wait and see if a future release fixes it so that I can uninstall bootmii if possible.
May 19, 2009 10:56PM
So it wont even boot if you delete the bootmii folder from your sd card and allow the wii to boot up normally without bootmii initializing?
May 20, 2009 02:18AM
Sometimes it boots and sometimes nothing happens when there is an SD card inserted with or without bootmii.
May 20, 2009 05:57AM
luigirocks
Sometimes it boots and sometimes nothing happens when there is an SD card inserted with or without bootmii.

Are you using component cables, or composite?

If you're using composite, have you tried setting the .INI to Video=NTSC/PAL according to your region?
May 20, 2009 08:59PM
Yeah, I just tried what you suggested diffikolt and still no good. Thanks anyways!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login