Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

NAND backup not working?

Posted by doofus123 
NAND backup not working?
May 28, 2009 03:50AM
Hi everyone!

I just reinstalled bootmii as boot2 for the new update...and am trying to do I NAND backup. Once it gets to the part where it's suppose to start the backup, nothing happens. I am using the same SD card I used before. Any ideas?

Thanks!!!
Re: NAND backup not working?
May 31, 2009 03:48PM
I have 3.3E and same issue. I'm using a Kingston 2GB SD card (B000EOMXM0) and it's formatted to FAT32.
May 31, 2009 06:03PM
Hmm, I am using the same card, except it is a micro sd. Perhaps its the card?
May 31, 2009 11:26PM
if the sd card worked with beta1,then it's a problem with the ability of beta2 to not format the sd card before doing the NAND backup.a solution for this would be to just manually format the sd card (on your PC) after being inside the bootmii menu...bootmii SHOULD do the backup after formating the sd card.

hope this bug will be fixed with beta 3 ^^

if the sd card won't even work with beta 1 of bootmii,then the sd card is simply not compatible with bootmii.
June 01, 2009 06:34AM
Are you sure that it doesn't work at all?

I thought that I have the same problem, because I had the same symptoms as you.
With BootMii 0.1, it always started right away.

Just when finding this thread however, it suddenly started. Apparently it just took a long time to start.

Try waiting 1 or 2 minutes after starting it.
June 02, 2009 11:14PM
This does work, you just have to wait a while for some reason. After pressing A to start the export I had to wait 10 minutes before it started. Works fine after that
June 08, 2009 06:14AM
The new FAT code is taking longer than expected just to create the damn file before writing to it. You may have to wait several minutes before the dump starts; I'm working on it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login