Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

bootmii beta2 install wiimote sync issue

Posted by self_slaughter 
bootmii beta2 install wiimote sync issue
May 28, 2009 08:00AM
hi, just eagerly went to install bootmii beta2 but my wiimote wont sync up and i'm stuck on the press 1 to continue screen at the start of the installer... i tried again without any extra usb / gamecube stuff connected and still no go... any ideas? or just wait for beta 3? :)

edit: wiimote wouldn't sync but gamecube controller worked to get through the install.. just took a minute or so for it to kick in :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2009 01:02PM by self_slaughter.
Re: bootmii beta2 install wiimote sync issue
June 02, 2009 04:02AM
Help! I have the same problem too. What happens?
June 02, 2009 10:05PM
I have exactly the same problem but no GC controller...

It worked fine with beta 1 and HBC <=1.01.
Same problem with HBC 1.03 (update from HBC 1.01).

Something must have changed in installers regarding wiimotes. It would be great to revert the modification.
June 03, 2009 12:11AM
See the FAQ, and search for "My WiiMote froze up in the installer and I can't continue!" on the page. I think that should be the issue that you guys are experiencing.
June 03, 2009 10:29PM
Tried again to sync my wiimote but it's not better.

It's weird that it works fine with hackmii installer beta 1
June 06, 2009 04:06AM
Same issue here unfortunately, and I don't have a GC controller. I reset the Wii to un-sync everything and only synced up one wiimote, still doesn't work.
June 10, 2009 06:59PM
wiimotes don't sync, plain and simple...power and reset buttons don't do anything either...you must use a GC controller...borrow a friends if you don't have one, I guess.
June 11, 2009 08:06AM
hey not all wiimotes don't sync :)
i've tried this on 3 wii's so far and only one of them wont sync (the newest one ~3months old)
but yeah, beta1 worked on that one and the remote synced no dramas so who knows... i'm sure they're onto it ;)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login