Mix beta2 and beta1, new method

Posted by pcfree 
Mix beta2 and beta1, new method
May 31, 2009 04:09AM
I've tested BootMii beta1with the results as follows:
Transcend 16GB SDHC @ beta1: bootmii/boot2 hang in some kind of infinite loop
no brand 4GB SDHC @ beta1: bootmii/boot2 flash drive LED and skip it
no brand 1GB SD @ beta1: workable

I always plug Transcend 16GB SDHC in my Wii except maintainance to prevent contacts wearing if frequently plug/unplug, so I gave up beta1. Now I try beta2 with the following reault:
Transcend 16GB SDHC @ beta2: bootmii/boot2 flash drive LED and skip it with longer timeout (acceptable)
no brand 4GB SDHC @ beta2: bootmii/boot2 flash drive LED and skip it (seems faster than beta1)
no brand 1GB SD @ beta2: faster loading and workable except NAND backup failure as other topic

Finally I try to mix beta2 and beta1. I use bootmii/boot2 from beta2, so that it could skip but not hang if Transcend 16Gb plugged. And I use armboot.bin and ppcboot.elf from beta1 in 1GB SD to successfully backup NAND. Anyone that encounters incompatible NAND backup in beta2 may try this.

Still I have one a few question to the developers. Do the software interfaces keep unchanged between armboot.bin and ppcboot.elf from beta1 to beta2? And does the SDIO driver reside in armboot.bin and the FAT driver reside in ppcboot.elf? If yes, I guess I may mix armboot.bin from beta2 and ppcboot.elf from beta1 to improve SD performance.
Re: Mix beta2 and beta1, new method
June 11, 2009 07:50PM
Hello everyone

I have BootMii beta 2 installed as boot2 and cant get the NAND backup working. I want to try the method you describe, but as I never used beta 1 I dont have the armboot.bin and ppcboot.elf from beta 1. Any idea where I can find them?
June 12, 2009 10:08AM
Uninstall Beta2 then install beta 1 keep the files from that then install beta 2 over beta 1. Shouldn't take all that long.
June 13, 2009 06:54AM
The old beta1 link was removed. BootMii is not allowed to be redistributed. If you've nerver downloaded it before, you have to asked it from the developers.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login