Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"no vulnerable IOS found" - Anyway around it?

Posted by Jpizzle1122 
"no vulnerable IOS found" - Anyway around it?
June 01, 2009 08:29AM
Long-story short... after a failed attempt at soft-modding my Wii (during which cIOSCorp was installed) - I decided to start from scratch, and format the whole damn thing and begin anew.

During the Bootmii install, I get the "no vulnerable IOS found, can not install" error message - apparently, a known issue, as it appears in the Bootmii.org FAQ - an issue caused by cIOSCorp.

Does anyone know of a way to circumvent this issue... or restore my IOS to something that Bootmii will play nicely with? Some way to restore the IOS's to the factory defaults... or a way to reinstall whatever cIOSCorp might have corrupted?

Much thanks in advance.

- Jonathan
Re: "no vulnerable IOS found" - Anyway around it?
June 01, 2009 01:01PM
If you can, try just updating from the system menu. If that doesn't work ... well, all of the remaining options are pretty gross.

We're looking into the possibility of adding a "repair system" function into a future version of the installer that would help with this, but I have no ETA on that.
June 01, 2009 01:40PM
Hello,

I received an update notification from HBC 1.02 telling me about 1.03. I validated it, but then I also had the "no vulnerable IOS found, can not install" error message.

This is strange, as I was able to correctly install beta1, isn't it?

Another way to update HBC??

Thanks
June 01, 2009 09:40PM
Excuse my novice-level of experience with this, I've only recently gotten myself involved in this whole Wii Modding community and all of ways to do stuff.

bushing, when you say - "update from the system menu" - how exactly would I go about doing that? I was under the impression that just about every app/mod had to be launched from within the BannerBomb trick via the Data Management / Channels section of the Wii?

Keep in mind - I am receiving this error right after a fresh format, I have not yet been able to install anything (including HBC). However, preloader is still loaded up when I reboot the system.

- Jon
June 01, 2009 11:29PM
Just do a connection test from the settings menu, and answer yes when it asks you to update.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login