Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RestoreMii has completely bricked my Wii! :(

Posted by sleazyv 
RestoreMii has completely bricked my Wii! :(
June 07, 2009 11:29PM
Hate to be the bearer of bad news. I backed up sometime yesterday. decided to do a restore today. Everything seemed to go fine, but now the Wii menu never loads...alls I get is a blank screen. Just a cautionary tale to those who put their faith in this...it ain't foolproof. I'm pretty distraught right now, anyone know how to make a noose?
Re: RestoreMii has completely bricked my Wii! :(
June 08, 2009 06:02AM
More information, please. Did you have BootMii/boot2 installed? Does it still boot? Please upload the nand.bin file somewhere for me to examine.
July 02, 2009 11:09PM
RestoreMii has bricked my wii aswell.

Did a restore which completed sucessfully, switched off, switched on and nothing. No power light, no noise & nothing on screen.

Any idea on how to get it started again?
July 02, 2009 11:18PM
should have said in previous post.

BootMii/boot2 was installed. Also got wiikey installed
July 15, 2009 09:00AM
@OP: any status update? Still bricked? Or did someone contact you privately and helped solve the issue?
July 21, 2009 01:54AM
Sorry for not reporting back earlier.

The story has a happy ending. I realized that I was trying to restore off a FAT32 filesystem, while when I made the original backup, the SD card was FAT. So I reformatted the SD card back to FAT, copied over the nand.bin and attempted another restore...IT WORKED, for the most part. I could get into homebrew but for System Menu I got an error message saying files were corrupted.

I restored the System Menu. Everything works fine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2009 06:16PM by Arikado.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.