Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Restore Wii to factory settings?

Posted by jwalk 
Restore Wii to factory settings?
June 12, 2009 12:34AM
I just read that it would be possible, though quite complicated, to restore a Wii NAND backup from [Wii A] to [Wii B].

Now, I have a question about this. If this is possible, does that mean - theoretically - that you could make a NAND backup from a Wii which is fresh out of the shipping-box (except you've installed Bootmii and only Bootmii on it), and then modify this NAND backup for any Wii of your choice?

Basically, what I'm aiming at is: would it be possible to create a "back to factory settings NAND backup" for a Wii that has been screwed around with a lot WAY before Bootmii came to be? I don't really know why anyone would want to do this, but just the thought of the possibility to restore a Wii back to the way it comes when shipped (before installing any cIOS, unofficial channels, non-licensed titles, homebrew or anything else) is quite cool.

So, maybe that could be a service as well; sending people a fresh NAND backup which will make their Wii be just as if though they bought it today.
Re: Restore Wii to factory settings?
December 06, 2009 06:13PM
that is a good idea.. :)

has someone made a NAND like that anywhere.. ?

MertenNor
December 07, 2009 12:58PM
afaik there would be some legal issues by offering a nand backup online.

but everything else is indeed true...theoretically you could create a nand backup for wii A to be compatible with a "fresh" backup from wii B.

you just have to be careful with the versions of boot1 and boot2...the version of boot1 and boot2 of wii B have to be equal or greater than the ones installed on wii A (correct me if I'm wrong)...otherwise the nand backup won't work on wii A.
December 08, 2009 08:59PM
i think they have to have the same boot1 and boot2 versions. dont think they can be different in either direction.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login