Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BootMii save file?

Posted by crazy4wii 
BootMii save file?
June 13, 2009 06:43PM
I tried to make a backup with BootMii, but I wasn't aware I needed a formatted memory card. I was using the card that I have all of my virtual console games, wiiware games, homebrew apps and emulators/roms saved and I had about 100mb left. Needless to say, the backup failed because there was not enough room on the memory card, but now all the space on my memory card has been taken up and I can't find the failed BootMii save file that ate up the remainder of my memory. Does anyone know where this file is located so I can delete it and free up some space on my memory card?
Re: BootMii save file?
June 13, 2009 08:12PM
as far as i remember somebody had a similar problem.

and afaik the problem was solved by doing another nand backup.

just backup some files on your pc and make some space on the sd card to be able to do a nand backup.by doing so, the "invisible" nand backup will be overwritten by the newer nand backup.
June 14, 2009 06:25AM
Thanks a lot Sephiroth.
June 15, 2009 03:29AM
Are you able to use the same card you have the rest of the homebrew apps on or does the BootMii NAND dump require its own card?

I ask because my BootMii Boot2 installation will not NAND dump to my SD card with 1.25GB free. It sat on the following screen for 20+ minutes.

BackupMii v0.6. NAND ID: ecdc1095
f_lseek failed: 2
f_lseek(0) failed: 2
Backup failed: -1

Wii SystemMenu 4.0U
No special IOS/cIOS that I'm aware of (did install DVDX a while back but may have removed it)
HBC installed and working. I am *not* running CIOSCORP.

My "installer.log" has information about the installation of HackMii v0.2 and the IOS titles it found, the installation of Boot2, creating of BootMii files on my SD Card, and finally the erasing, writing, and verifying of NAND blocks 3 and 4. End of File.
June 24, 2009 05:33PM
midnightzak
Are you able to use the same card you have the rest of the homebrew apps on or does the BootMii NAND dump require its own card?

as long as i've tried, i can answer you: yes you can..
at least i've a nand backup file in the same SD i use to keep all my homebrew, and even my "bootmii trigger folder".. and it works just great..

i've used the same card to rewrite my nand a couple of times and (even when i don't recommend you to do this) it gives me no problem at all..

now, as a personal experience, i suggest you to reformat your card as fat16 (i'd had an issue when i tried to backup my nand when it was formatted as fat32, it nevers recognized the created nand file when i tried to restore it..) maybe this could be related to your problem..

hope this help..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login