Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

lost sd card with bootmii files

Posted by trunksv2 
lost sd card with bootmii files
June 16, 2009 08:55PM
I have a little problem :(

I installed bootmii v0.2 boot2. Updated to 4.0e.

Everything works fine.

The problem is, i lost my sd card where the files for bootmii where installed :(

I tried to install it again, but now I get the msg "no vulnerable IOS found, can not install"

Because bootmii is already installed in my Wii's NAND, can I get the files that are suppoost to be on the sd card somewhere? If I found them and put them on my sd card, will that work?

Thanks
Re: lost sd card with bootmii files
June 16, 2009 10:17PM
This is the bootmii folder from my SD. try putting it on your SD
June 16, 2009 11:38PM
thanks, its working :)
June 17, 2009 01:37AM
Now hold on, this has nothing to do with re-installing bootmii!
I assume you have an SD-card, which means all you really should have to do is the following:

Run the HackMii Installer v0.2 (using whatever method you prefer to run homebrew)
Go into the BootMii... option
Select the Prepare a SD card option

Now, the HackMii installer will tell you that;
"Runtime files will be written, these are required to properly boot BootMii", select Yes, continue and you should be good to go.
June 19, 2009 09:20PM
same problem here "im a noob" followed the guides installed bootmii as an ios then installed a bunch other stuff and preloader and for some stupid reason i deleted the bootmii folder off the sd card, tried to reinstalland got the same message "no vulnerable IOS found, can not install" since metroid_maniac file is not available i cant try it - can i get any help here please, jwalk tried your idea but same results "no vulnerable IOS found, can not install" help please
June 20, 2009 07:46AM
borike
same problem here "im a noob" followed the guides installed bootmii as an ios then installed a bunch other stuff and preloader and for some stupid reason i deleted the bootmii folder off the sd card, tried to reinstalland got the same message "no vulnerable IOS found, can not install" since metroid_maniac file is not available i cant try it - can i get any help here please, jwalk tried your idea but same results "no vulnerable IOS found, can not install" help please

Go in the Hackmii Installer beta 2 > Bootmii > prepare an SD card. this will NOT re-install bootmii, but WILL put your SD card files back on.
June 20, 2009 04:17PM
metroid_maniac - i dont understand why, but im assuming since after installing other things like preloader and cioscorp... whenever i try to launch the hackmii beta 2 installer on bannerbomb or hbc i get the same message "no vulnerable IOS found, can not install"
June 20, 2009 05:09PM
bootmii.org
in most cases, however, this means you have installed some sort of "mod pack" which leaves your system in a damaged state that interferes with our system scan. In particular, "cIOSCORP" is known to be problematic
June 20, 2009 07:33PM
question - could i use somebody else bootmii files that i deleted from the sd card and everything would be fine?
June 21, 2009 09:41AM
Same as preparing?
July 04, 2009 01:24AM
So, putting the files on the SD card is the same as preparing an SD card? If those were included along with a HBC compatable package, BootMii could be somewhat noob-friendly!
July 26, 2009 02:06AM
I also lost my SD card but in a different way...
I have a LU66 Wii. I managed to install the HBC and the preloader and then I tried to install bootmii. It seems to have installed correctly (although I can't use it because I don't have a GC pad and the power/reset buttons don't seem to work for me) but now my PC can't read my SD card (although it still works in my Wii).

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance for the help!
July 31, 2009 11:25PM
you might have installed Bootmii as ios. If so, only GC controls work. In that case Bootmii offers no brick protection whatsoever. for the SD, formatting it would probably fix it at the cost of the data on it, including the files Bootmii needs to run
September 23, 2009 09:27PM
metroid_maniac
This is the bootmii folder from my SD. try putting it on your SD

could you please re-up the files? I have got the same problem today and I didnt find em anywhere else.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login