Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Old HBC co-existing with BootMii

Posted by TheManuel 
Old HBC co-existing with BootMii
June 19, 2009 09:45PM
When I install BootMii, I woud still like to be able to use the old HBC, this is possible right?

My strategy would be to keep the bootmii directory renamed to bootmiii or something like that so that, normally, my Wii would just boot up to the Wii menu and I could use the old HBC from there. I want BootMii for future protection but don't to be booting into it everytime I want to start my Wii increasing the boot time even more.

Does this sound like it would work?

Thanks.
Re: Old HBC co-existing with BootMii
June 20, 2009 01:31AM
What is the problem here? What do you mean by "old HBC"?

From what I understand you just don't like the way bootmii boots before the system menu, hence you have the idea of renaming the bootmii folder? Of course this works, if you rename the bootmii folder on your SD card, bootmii won't be able to find the necessary files to run and will start to Wii system menu instead (after flashing DVD leds).

However, there is another solution to the problem which will make bootmii unnoticeable and just boot your Wii directly to the system menu. Just see what I wrote at the "how to autoboot to the HBC?"-topic, now if you just copy and paste that into your bootmii.ini file, and then change the AUTOBOOT=HBC to AUTOBOOT=SYSMENU, your Wii should just boot without showing bootmii.
June 20, 2009 03:41AM
Thanks jwalk.

You understood my question correctly. By "old HBC" I meant loading the HBC from the system menu as had been the norm until BootMii was released. I suppose "old HBC" is a misnomer since it would be the same folder and files, only launched from within BootMii rather than the system menu, correct?

I had considered your other alternative as well but did not know which one was faster as I have not installed BootMii yet. I'm waiting for a later version that includes and uninstaller and I'm assuming BootMii is fully reversible but I could be wrong.

One more question:
I read that BootMii cannot recognize the wiimote yet because of a limitation of MINI. However, BootMii can launch the HBC which would essentially be through MINI if I understood correctly. Does this mean the HBC would not have access to the WiiMote if launched from within BootMii? That would basically suck.
June 20, 2009 07:31PM
HBC works exactly the same regardless of how you get to it. It still uses an IOS to run after all, not MINI.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login