Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A couple of suggestions

Posted by zalbor 
A couple of suggestions
June 21, 2009 11:11AM
Hello, and thanks for a nice piece of software. I have it installed as boot2, and I think I've done everything there is except restoring NAND. But I have 2 suggestions to make. These aren't bugs, just thinks that maybe you should consider. :)

1)When backing up the NAND, for a minute or so nothing seemed to happen. The screen was frozen and if it wasn't for the icon that said "Press nothing" I'd have thought the software crashed and rebooted. My suggestion is: Consider adding a "doing this, please wait" message during this time.

2)Sometimes someone might want to just turn on the wii from the remote, without inserting a disc or anything. The way bootmii currently works, they'd have to walk to where the wii is anyway to press reset in order to boot. Would it be possible to add a timeout? Like, if bootmii has been running for 5 seconds and nothing has been pressed, the normal wii menu will boot.
Re: A couple of suggestions
June 21, 2009 05:14PM
2) you can add a timeout, this is a very easy way to do it
June 21, 2009 05:46PM
@zalbor:

Welcome to the forums!

As for suggestion 1, I don't have much to say. However, your suggestion 2 is already implemented.
June 21, 2009 08:09PM
There is a BOOTDELAY variable inside your bootmii.ini file, you can use that in conjunction with AUTOBOOT to go where you'd like.
June 21, 2009 08:56PM
Thanks for the replies!
It turns out, the timeout was already set to SYSMENU and 5 seconds. But it didn't work until I changed the setting to 3 seconds... Afterwards I set it back to 5 and it still works.
So I guess this could be a bug after all?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login