Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Backup functionality doesn't work on a SD Card that was working fine before

Posted by WithinTheMind 
Hello,
I already backed up the NAND to a 1 GB SDHC card, using both BootMii beta 1 and BootMii Beta 2. BootMii installed successfully as boot 2 because whenever I inserted the SD card, I could see the BootMii menu.

Now, I wanted to upgrade some of the homebrew applications and decided to make a backup on that same card, just to be safe. After starting the backup, I got an error ... Therefore, I formatted the card, reinstalled BootMii as boot 2 on the same card and tried the backup option once again. This time around, the Wii is stuck and NO BLOCK is copied. Moreover, whenever I try to start the Wii with the BootMii SD Card, I go directly to the system menu and I can only access the BootMii menu by going on the HBC and selecting the BootMii option after pressing the home button.

Is my SD card the problem ? I mean ... I could see this being a compatibility issue, but the same card was working fine like 2 weeks ago, using the latest version of BootMii.

Any help or comment is appreciated!

Sincerely,
Robert.
Re: Backup functionality doesn't work on a SD Card that was working fine before
June 24, 2009 05:13PM
Well, I had a similar problem to yours: i couldn't backup my wii nand into my 2gb sd (sometimes it created a "nand.bin" file but it size was 0kb, others none at all)..

I reformatted my sd a lot of times (as fat32), but the same issue happened.

finally, i tried reformatting it as fat16, and well, my problem is now past!

as i can see that after you formatted your card it started giving you this headache, maybe you should try this.

btw, i've installed the latest version of bootmii as boot2 (same as you) and i suggest you to have a backup "trigger card" for bootmii (in fact i've three - just prepare another one with bootmii folder), it could save you in times like this.

hope this help you..

PD: sorry about my english, this is my first post using this language XP
Thanks man, totally fixed my problem. Seems kind of odd that some cards work correctly in FAT16 and FAT32, and others need to be in FAT16 only for it to work!

By the way, your english is great, keep it up.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login