Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RestoreMii

Posted by sfjuocekr 
RestoreMii
June 25, 2009 01:14AM
What NAND backups can be used by RestoreMii?

Can I use RealWnD and/or WiiND backups too or just RestoreMii backups? (tested, doesnt work with other NAND dumps)

Or maybe release a forwarder dol/elf so you can load BootMii from Preloader instead of via HBC?

Thanks in advance

/edit: I have a BootMii/boot2 install ... Im just curious about why dumps from other tools are detected as being from another console.

/edit:

Quote: "Almost. BootMii adds a 1024-byte footer to the end of the NAND dump that contains your console ID and the contents of OTP and SEEPROM. When you go to restore, it will check that console ID against your console ID, and refuse to restore if they don't match (as a safety measure). The format is straightforward; just look at a dump."

Simply add the last 1024 bytes from a RestoreMii dump to any other dump, RestoreMii will skip the boot2 part and restore your other NAND backup.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2009 03:48PM by sfjuocekr.
Re: RestoreMii
June 25, 2009 09:58AM
The bootmii nand dump contains a 1024 byte footer with the console unique keys, these keys are checked before restore, if they don't match, restoremii refuses to restore. The other tools backups don't have this infos in the file, I think if you check the file sizes, they are different.
June 25, 2009 06:22PM
/edit: double post

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2009 03:39PM by sfjuocekr.
June 25, 2009 07:30PM
Yea I already found this info.

I found that BootMii adds its data from 21000000 to 210003FF, but now I just need to know in what form its added. We should be able to make a little app that can add this info or make other NAND dumpers add the same info.

(I got atleast a usable answer here, not like "go getz gamekubez controller" or "why try make dump with other tool?")

:)

Maybe even adding the footer would make it work, but not sure if there are any checks saved (I just woke up so Ill have a look at it now).

Also wouldn't it be nice to make BootMii just flash the NAND if a nand-key.bin is supplied? For example from Key Grabber?
June 25, 2009 08:56PM
Is there anyway to bypass that part? Anyway to edit the bin file and change the key to your wii's numbers?
June 26, 2009 03:42PM
You can just add the last part from a RestoreMii dump, not sure if RestoreMii saves boot1 or reads it from the NAND dump you use and I'm not sure if there are any checksums saved in the last 1024 bytes ... I havent tested it yet or had time to look into it.
June 29, 2009 02:46PM
You can just copy the last 1024 bytes of a bootmii-generated backup to another and restoremii will accept the backup, but I'm not sure that the other tools bakcups are in the same format of bootmii, since there is ECC infos with the data.
So the risk is to restore not valid data and nothing will work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login