Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

nand.bin = 0 bytes?

Posted by Nayru 
nand.bin = 0 bytes?
June 25, 2009 05:24PM
did i do something wrong? my computer says the nand.bin is nothing. or is this normal?
Re: nand.bin = 0 bytes?
June 26, 2009 03:28PM
of course this isn't normal.

it should be about 528 mb.

are you sure you did everything right?? just retry I guess...
June 26, 2009 04:01PM
well, as i'd the same problem a couple days ago, i can recommend you to delete this 0kb nand.bin file, backup the sd (if it had another content), and reformat (i recommend you this because when this error happened to me it, even after deleting nand file, the free-space of my sd were >500mb lower - if you are using a normal sd (capacity <= 2gb, no sdhc logo), i suggest you to format as fat16)

then try to backup again, but now you better check 2 things:

1. after backup try to use the restore app, it will run in simulation mode first, if this mode recognize your nand.bin file, your backup was correctly made (you can cancel restoring after checking this)...

2. also, your computer should recognize this file with a >500mb size...

if after reformat your sd, it still giving you this problem, you better wait to a newer release of bootmii as they are now working to correct this issues.. or if you can't wait any longer to backup, try with a diferent sd.. wish you luck using this..
June 28, 2009 07:03PM
It is was critical in my case to use CLUSTER SIZE 64K during formatting SD card in FAT16.

Before I formatted in with 64K cluster size, I tried 16K, 32K, but nand file was not seen exist on SD cart after backup procedure, even BootMii said that it was finished correctly.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login