Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BootMii/IOS + Preloader

Posted by montymintypie 
BootMii/IOS + Preloader
July 03, 2009 04:21AM
Hey all,

First off, BootMii is incredible. I now feel a better about installing stuff that might break my Wii. NAND backups are great!

I've successfully installed BootMii as an IOS, which is launchable from the HBC. I've also got Preloader installed on my new Wii (boot2 was not available D-:). Preloader supports loading a program direct from the SD card. Is it possible to make a forwarder program to BootMii? From my knowledge, it just has to be a .dol or .elf file. I currently have to go HBC->BootMii, and that works fine, it'd just be easier to be able to skip this step. You never know, if my HBC breaks, I'm stuffed...

Is this even remotely possible?

Thanks in advance,

Will T
Re: BootMii/IOS + Preloader
July 03, 2009 05:12PM
any Program that runs in patchmii will load bootmii. it would be VERY easy to make. the only problem is I don't know how to do this. by accident I have found out that any app that runs DVDx (installed as patchmii) accidentally loads bootmii/ios.
All these are because patchmii's ios is the same as bootmii's
Re: BootMii/IOS + Preloader
July 12, 2009 10:24AM
I have Bootmii/boot2, preloader and use the bootmii config. I have it all nicely set up too. I have both loaders set up where when my system is powered up everything autoboots normally to the untrained eye as if they don't exist all, but if I need to get to either one their both easily within grasp.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login