Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

boot2 for new wii's solution (well kinda)

Posted by Kwartel 
boot2 for new wii's solution (well kinda)
July 16, 2009 02:54PM
I might have an idea for boot2 on new wii's, so you can use the nand restore function.
You install bootmii as boot2 and a .dol file in preloader that boots boot2. So you can restore your nand. I never had a bricked wii, but preloader still works most of the time. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Re: boot2 for new wii's solution (well kinda)
July 16, 2009 08:09PM
You cant install as boot2. So your logic is flawed. I believe you mean install as IOS and use .dol file to load IOS BootMii. But IOS BootMii can't restore NAND dumps yet due to a bug or something. But when it can, this will indeed be a solution to the problem. Right now, it's kinda pointless I'm afraid.
July 16, 2009 08:15PM
IOS bootmii can't restore NAND dumps because it's too risky. (still a beta, remember)
July 16, 2009 08:26PM
I thought it was the fixed boot0 what caused the problem... Stupid new Wii :(
July 17, 2009 08:22AM
SifJar
You cant install as boot2. So your logic is flawed. I believe you mean install as IOS and use .dol file to load IOS BootMii. But IOS BootMii can't restore NAND dumps yet due to a bug or something. But when it can, this will indeed be a solution to the problem. Right now, it's kinda pointless I'm afraid.
I would say lack of RestoreMii when running as IOS being a safety feature, not a bug. If you try to restore without Ceiling Cat injected into boot2 and fuck up, you're totally screwed.

With a non-bugged boot2, you have to rely on external hardware NAND programmers, the cheapest being an Infectus i suppose, for restore.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login