Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bootmii installed as IOS useless??

Posted by BrunoBros2 
Bootmii installed as IOS useless??
August 01, 2009 06:07PM
I've been thinking,if Bootmii is installed as an IOS,he is uselles,cause the only reason we have Bootmii installed it's to recover from a brick,but if we brick a Wii won't Bootmii IOS be bricked too??
Re: Bootmii installed as IOS useless??
August 01, 2009 07:49PM
Not exactly.

BootMii installed as IOS can still be accessed after some non-fatal incidents. However, in it's current state, it can not restore the NAND so it is useless for recovery of any kind.

Despite this, there are benefits to having BootMii IOS installed such as the ability to run applications compiled under MINI and the fact that you have a sort of a loader to run unsigned code on your Wii should a Nintendo ever do some patch work.
August 01, 2009 07:52PM
But atm, as an IOS it is pretty much useless. There are very few MINI apps (just MiKe afaik), and Nintendo HAVEN'T done any patch work, but it may be a good idea to have it in case they do. BTW, does BootMii IOS have trucha bug in it?
August 01, 2009 09:50PM
SifJar
BTW, does BootMii IOS have trucha bug in it?
MINI is not a nintento like IOS, as it does no sign checking it cannot have the trucha bug. It doesn't aim to be a IOS in the same way as nintento uses an IOS.
August 02, 2009 09:35PM
Yeah I figured it probably wouldn't, but I thought as it installed like a regular IOS, maybe TT would have stuck in trucha bug. Although, even if they could have, I doubt they would, because that would make piracy much easier. Just install BootMii IOS and use it to install cIOS and WADs and stuff.
August 03, 2009 11:27AM
MINI doesn't even have NAND FS support, so currently it wouldn't help piracy any to trucha bug it. There is a method to to trucha bug an IOS with bootmii by avoiding MINI altogether but it messes up the NAND. Maybe we should lock bootmii to MINI?
August 03, 2009 04:38PM
So let me get this straight, BootMii wont be able to protect/restore my new model Wii installed as a IOS?
August 03, 2009 10:23PM
No. It can't restore NAND dumps at all, and also can't be accessed in case of a brick.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login