Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BackupMii Freezes

Posted by Sleeps 
BackupMii Freezes
August 02, 2009 07:17PM
I've tried backing up my NAND four times this morning, and two times yesterday, and every single time I try, it will always freeze during the backup process! It gets so close to being completed, and then stops (freezes). Sometimes it will also freeze during the verification.

Why does it always freeze?? I also check my SD card, and I see that the nand.bin file is 0kb and I also see that my card has used 528mb, but there is no new file or anything. It's invisible or something.... I've backup all my files, deleted the 0kb nand.bin file, and formatted my card so many times and re-tried, but I keep getting the same freeze issue.

I don't understand, I backup my NAND before successfully like 4 days ago, but now I can't backup it again because it always freeze, and the freeze issue can't be my card, because I've backup before on the same card, and it used to work.

I have a 2GB Micro SD Kingston card w/ SD Adapter, formatted at FAT32.
Also using BootMii Beta 2

All I want to do is backup my NAND without it stopping during the process... please help me, thank you.

EDIT:
I tried performing another backup, but the same issue will occur.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2009 05:06PM by Sleeps.
Re: BackupMii Freezes
August 03, 2009 12:02PM
Maybe your card is not working with BootMii. Try another one if you can, an actual SD card, rather than a micro one with an adapter.
August 03, 2009 10:27PM
SifJar
Maybe your card is not working with BootMii. Try another one if you can, an actual SD card, rather than a micro one with an adapter.

It's the only card I have :( and I've backup on it at least 3 times successfully. (and during those times, sometimes I'll get the freeze issue.)

But now when I try to backup, it always freezes! It will be at least 90% complete (gray bars turning into green bars), and then it will suddenly stop, and I'll have to hold down the Wii power button to reboot.

I guess I'll keep trying...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2009 01:28AM by Sleeps.
August 03, 2009 11:24PM
backup the contents of your SD, format it, and try again
August 03, 2009 11:47PM
Its worked before? Then I guess you'll have to just keep trying...
August 05, 2009 11:28PM
Not sure if I should bump my thread, but...

I finally figured out the issue! It was my card! I just used a different card, a 2GB Verbatim SD Card, and it worked so perfectly. Backup was much faster on this card, and no errors or freezing issue! :) The SD card came with, and is supposed to be used with my HP Digital Frame to put pics on, but oh well.

Anyway, it works and I can finally backup after 6 days of freezing on my micro SD.

Thanks to people who helped.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login