Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

IOS or NAND?

Posted by LuciusMare 
IOS or NAND?
August 05, 2009 05:10PM
I didnt really understand the README,the part where you choose to install in boot2 or as an IOS.
I have still got 3.2 (eu) because of the homebrew and wad installing (no warez,trying to make channels from apps) so i would rather choose the boot2,but you said that its based on bug that is removed.Which means that when i upgrade the bootmii could disappear?
and if i would choose as an IOS...
readme
It behaves identically to BootMii/boot2, but you must launch it from a special program (the Installer, Homebrew Channel, or your own code.)
Which means that in case of brick,it can not be used to rescue my wii because it needs to be ran from special program (that could be ran only after fully booting(that is impossible because of brick)) ?
Thank you.
Re: IOS or NAND?
August 05, 2009 06:23PM
LuciusMare
I didnt really understand the README,the part where you choose to install in boot2 or as an IOS.
I have still got 3.2 (eu) because of the homebrew and wad installing (no warez,trying to make channels from apps)

Still illegal and unsupported here.

LuciusMare
so i would rather choose the boot2,but you said that its based on bug that is removed.Which means that when i upgrade the bootmii could disappear?
and if i would choose as an IOS...
readme
It behaves identically to BootMii/boot2, but you must launch it from a special program (the Installer, Homebrew Channel, or your own code.)
Which means that in case of brick,it can not be used to rescue my wii because it needs to be ran from special program (that could be ran only after fully booting(that is impossible because of brick)) ?
Thank you.

Boot2 will stay with updates. The only thing Nintendo could do to block it is update boot2, and even then its only replaced. It could still be reinstalled. The bug used is in boot1, which cant be changed without bricking the console, even by Nintendo. BootMii as IOS isn't very useful, because as you pointed out, it can only be booted if your wii is working, and cant be accessed if you are bricked. And some say it cant restore NAND dumps at all, but I think I saw a YouTube video where it did. If it can, its risky, because there is no boot2 to fall back on. So go for boot2, and take a NAND dump.
August 05, 2009 07:06PM
Install Boomii as Boot2.
August 05, 2009 08:43PM
If you have an old Wii, it's highly recommended that you install BootMii as boot2, and also, don't update your Wii from 3.2, because that's the best version for softmodded Wii.

Hope that answered your questions..
August 06, 2009 04:49PM
That's how i understand it.
If your IOS is broken-down you can't start BootMii and so you can't backup your System.

Which means that when i upgrade the bootmii could disappear?
Which means that when i upgrade the bootmii could disappear?
No. It means (if i am right), if you don't install BootMii in boot2 and you upgrade you can't still install BootMii in boot2. If once installed no upgrade will overwrite the boot2. But that can only be said for the previous updates so far.

Hope I could help.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login