Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RestoreMii problems (BootMii/Boot2)

Posted by cactusjack901 
RestoreMii problems (BootMii/Boot2)
August 12, 2009 03:02AM
Alright, as it stands, I would love to have BootMii as my boot2, however, when I try to restore any NAND backup I make, it tells me that my dump is from a different Wii. I have tried installing/uninstalling BootMii several times in an effort to get this working, however, if you can not tell, I am simply at the end of my wit's length.

I'm on 4.1U, and I have a LU34 Wii, I'm unsure about the boot1 version, and I can't run the checker since I am on 4.1, I also don't want to downgrade to 3.2 because I use the SD loading function of 4.0. I use a 2 GB Sandisk MicroSDHC card in a MicroSD adapter, and BootMii boots fine, the only thing I can think of is the formatting of the card, but afaik it's fat32, and I am unable to use fat16 since I use a PPC Mac.

EDIT: So, about 5 minutes after I post this thread, I try again just for the heck of it... Now it works perfectly, I have no idea what I did, but it works.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2009 08:29PM by cactusjack901.
Re: RestoreMii problems (BootMii/Boot2)
August 18, 2009 06:00AM
I have the same problem i have created 3 different backups and all say the same thing it tells me that my dump is from a different Wii. I don't know what to do. i need to restore my wii now. please Help
August 18, 2009 08:33PM
infinity
I have the same problem i have created 3 different backups and all say the same thing it tells me that my dump is from a different Wii. I don't know what to do. i need to restore my wii now. please Help

I have no idea what fixed mine, but all I can say is make your dump, let it verify, and then wait about 10 minutes, that's what I did and it worked
August 29, 2009 01:57PM
same here. I backup up to my pc the bootmii folder, the nand.bin and the keys.bin files, but they all say that the backup is from a different version.
There is probably some file missing, dunno.

Please help,
hugo
August 29, 2009 07:26PM
They actually tried to fix the problem in beta3, but it actually caused a similar bug to come up. dhewg released this fix, see if it works : [bootmii.org]

EDIT :
It seems the link is dead. Just wait for the next update, they'd be stupid if they don't fix it in the next HackMii Installer update :P

Also, there seems to be a test version of Hackmii Installer v 0.4 here :
[bootmii.org]

Seeing it's a test version, I wouldn't touch it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2009 04:00PM by Matoking.
October 09, 2009 07:50PM
i too had the very same issue and thats before i updated the system files to the new 4.2 and had a cls error which prevented me from booting. fixed by using bootmii and updating the cls but if i wouldnt have worked i woulda been screwed with thinkinbg the restore was going to work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login