Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HackMii Installer v0.4 Test Version?

Posted by Matoking 
HackMii Installer v0.4 Test Version?
September 10, 2009 06:53PM
So after trying to download the BootMii fix, I found out the link was dead. So I decided to look at the root directory instead if I could find the fix there : [www.bootmii.org]

There wasn't a fix there, but I found something else. The Hackmii Installer v 0.4 test version.

...was this even supposed to be revealed in public? I found it in accident.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2009 06:56PM by Matoking.
Re: HackMii Installer v0.4 Test Version?
September 10, 2009 07:09PM
Have you tried it out? And what do you mean "bootmii fix"?
September 10, 2009 07:29PM
I did try out HBC 1.0.4, "pixels" are now smoother, haven't had time to look at anything else. Not trying Bootmii, though. And by Bootmii fix I mean the fixed ppcboot file that fixed the "dump is for different Wii" bug.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2009 07:29PM by Matoking.
September 10, 2009 07:35PM
there's a new hbc in it? cool. Any other new features you notice in hbc?
September 10, 2009 07:38PM
Looking at it. It looks very early for now, the version number seems the biggest change so far. :P There could be some more changes under the hood.

Let's just hope they make it possible to load apps from both USB and SD cards at the same time without the pain of taking the SD card out for the sake of loading the apps from USB stick. :P

It also has a new Bootmii beta4, but not touching it because of the obvious danger of bricking my Wii with development-stage software.

EDIT :
Looked at one of dhewg's comments. It had a link to this file. It seems to be just a bugfix version after all. Wonder why would they include a new HBC... [hackmii.com]

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2009 07:57PM by Matoking.
September 10, 2009 09:20PM
hmm. I wonder when Bootmii will move out of Beta stage. Shall we continue this conversation on this topic?
September 10, 2009 11:53PM
seeing as how dhewg posted it, I'm going to guess that everything there is safe to install, so I'll bite the bullet, risk my wii, and try the new Bootmii, will report back later

EDIT: Well, I've been out all night, but I installed and tried the new Bootmii as my boot2. It works just fine, I'm gonna guess it's safe to install, I made a NAND backup, it was slower than beta3 so I'm going to guess there was more SD optimization code that came at the cost of speed. I would almost call it ungodly slow, but still usable, it took me about 5-10 minutes to backup my NAND (depends if you wanna count verification time or not) but I tried to restore it right away and it didn't give me a different Wii error, so I guess I'm going to hold onto this version. Good show Twiizers, good show

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2009 07:10AM by cactusjack901.
September 11, 2009 02:50PM
hmmm.... maybe they will make it much faster in the not-test version (sure hope so)
September 12, 2009 04:41AM
i think im gonna install it too
September 13, 2009 10:10PM
I installed it... seems the same. But i'm guessing that because it's a test version.
September 14, 2009 11:36PM
at least they fixed the bug
September 15, 2009 01:06AM
I installed also and it all seems to work.
September 17, 2009 01:47AM
SDHC compatibility seems to have been broken in this version. I had an 8GB SDHC with 5GB free, it couldn't proceed with a backup because it read only 300mb free.
September 20, 2009 12:12AM
GreyMatter
SDHC compatibility seems to have been broken in this version. I had an 8GB SDHC with 5GB free, it couldn't proceed with a backup because it read only 300mb free.
im not bothered by that my sdhc isnt compatible with bootmii or hbb or other apps so i dont care
September 21, 2009 06:13PM
I updated it myself too. (I just updated my SD card files)

Got backup'd again. Nothing different, really. Haven't tried restoring, but I'll come back at it later.
September 24, 2009 06:57PM
Tried the update. Immediately tried a backup/restore. Worked beautifully. I got bit in the butt with the "For a different Wii" error after bricking while messing around with csm's, so I'm soooo glad to have this fixed now :D

Oh, and I found a changelog somewhere for HBC 1.0.4, and all it said was "Fixed power button bug". I have no idea what that bug was, since I never experienced it, but there's that for anyone who was wondering.
September 30, 2009 05:48PM
is the test version available somewhere?
September 30, 2009 11:17PM
v0.5 is now out, the test version is outdated.
October 01, 2009 02:58AM
but the test version wasnt officially released and it included a new bootmii and a new hbc both with bug fixes, the v0.5 includes hbc 1.0.5 and the test had 1.0.4 so did hbc 1.0.4 have anything else?
October 02, 2009 02:06PM
It just fixed the BootMii/IOS power-button glitch.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login