Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Loading with bannerbomb won't work, help please.

Posted by acevw20 
Loading with bannerbomb won't work, help please.
September 10, 2009 07:12PM
I will admit first and foremost that I am computer retarded, so please excuse me in advance if I have no idea what you are talking about.

About a year ago I loaded the HBC onto my Wii via the Twilight Hack, the channel loaded fine but would not load Apps of of my SD card. After trying unsuccessfully to make it work I deleted in from my Wii's system memory.

Recently I have wanted to give homebrew another go, but now I can't even get the channel back on the Wii. Firmware is currently Ver. 3.3U but neither of the twilight hack files will copy to my system from the SD card. Using the bannerbomb method with hackmii isn't working either. When I acess the SD card tab in the channels menu it does ask me if I would like to load the .elf file, but after attempting to load the screen goes blank and the disc light blinks blue. I get no errors messages or anything so I don't know what is going on. Anyone have any solutions or other methods of getting the HBC back on my Wii?

Any help would be appreciated greatly, thank you in advance.
Re: Loading with bannerbomb won't work, help please.
September 11, 2009 01:32AM
do you have all the correct files??
September 11, 2009 07:41PM
You could try using different version of Bannerbomb or updating your system menu. (Bannerbomb exploit works best with the latest version I think)
September 13, 2009 05:19PM
Ok, I do have the right files on my SD card according to several videos online, and I also updated my Wii to the lastest system menu. Still doesn't work though, bannerbomb works, but the hackmii installer still won't load.

I also tried going through Loadmii and that won't work either.
September 13, 2009 05:36PM
acevw20
...according to several videos online
Then I can assure you that you do not have your SD Card set up properly.

Why not read through WiiBrew for a bit? ( [www.wiibrew.org] )
September 13, 2009 07:56PM
The SD card is set up correctly, I even formatted it a second time and started over, the only files on the card are the private folder containing the bannerbomb exploit and the boot.elf for hackmii. I've read through Wiibrew before but I can't seem to find an answer to my problem.

After bannerbomb asks if I would like to load the elf file and I click yes, it starts to load, but then I don't get the disclaimer to not sell hackmii, just black screen.
September 14, 2009 02:18PM
Just a quick shot, is the write-switch thingy on the SD card set to "off"?
September 30, 2009 10:01PM
Try using different versions of BannerBomb, there are quite a few.

And just what System Menu version is it now? (since you updated from 3.3U)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login