Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Restore a well saved nand.bin on Wii 4.2.e

Posted by mafiatom 
Restore a well saved nand.bin on Wii 4.2.e
September 30, 2009 09:02AM
Hi all,

i made the mistake to update the WII with well installed BootMii, Boot2, Homebrew Channel.... to the new WII Version 4.2e.
As you allready know, the Version 4.2.e deletes the HB, Boot and so on.

Now here ist my Question.
I have a well saved Nand Backup from right before the Update to 4.2e.
Is there any posibility to restore this Nand in order to have the Wii as it was before?

I have 3 Ideas.
1.) Is to use the USB GX Loader Forwarder Channel. This Forwarder points to apps/usbloader_gx and will execute the boot.dol in there.
Is it possible to replace this boot.dol with a bootmii version, that i am able just to restore the well saved nand.bin? If yes, is there a bootmii.elf available or am i able to to copy then content from the bootmii folder to apps/usbloader_gx and rename the ppcboot.elf to boot.elf? Will this work?

2.) As far as i know, Comex has modified bannerbomb in order to execute bood.dol in the root of the SD Card. He is currently testing it and it seems to work. Is there any bootmii planed for 4.2e to installe boot2 and restore the old and good nand.bin?

3.) The Exploit Indinapwns is able to execute a dol in the root of the sd card. Same question as above, is there any dol or elf from bootmii witch i can use to make restore from the well saved nand.bin?

Best regards
Mafaitom
Re: Restore a well saved nand.bin on Wii 4.2.e
October 01, 2009 02:50AM
bootmii doesnt come in a form of .elf or .dol file
Re: Restore a well saved nand.bin on Wii 4.2.e
October 02, 2009 05:09PM
There's a hackmii installer for 4.2. You can install it to get everything back.

Now you've updated to 4.2 you might as well stay there because there have been changes which will mean old homebrew (e.g. MPlayer-CE which uses DVDX) will need to be recompiled for the new versions of the hackmii programs. They'll stop working on the old versions.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login