Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BootMii Beta 4 -> "dump is for a different wii"

Posted by Sephiroth 
BootMii Beta 4 -> "dump is for a different wii"
November 12, 2009 10:49PM
I don't know if it's just me or if this is still a known issue, but even the newest bootmii version available gives the "dump is for a different wii" error when trying to restore the nand.

I know this was a common issue in beta 3, but wasn't beta 4 released for just that reason??? and still I'm getting the same error...

at least I know how to fix it myself, but it's simply annyoing having this done over and over again...
Re: BootMii Beta 4 -> "dump is for a different wii"
November 12, 2009 11:20PM
is the dump from beta 3 or before? If so, take a new dump, and it should work fine.
November 13, 2009 03:42PM
@ SifJar :

nope the dump is from bootmii beta 4...I did a fresh install of bootmii for a friend yesterday and used the newest hackmii installer available (v0.6) and right after the installation I backed up the nand.

after some installations I noticed that the system files are corrupt; so of course I tried to restore from the backup I just made a few moments ago... -> "dump is for a different wii".

I seriously was surprised because I was pretty sure that should absolutely not happen in bootmii beta 4.

although I know how to fix this myself, I thought I should mention it here,so this can be fixed in the next release ^^
November 14, 2009 10:39PM
yeah i have that same problem
i installed bootmii beta 4 and take a nand backup then restore and it said "dump is from a different wii"
November 15, 2009 03:38AM
How do you fix it?
November 15, 2009 05:23PM
the simpliest way is to use BootMii-KeyFix...you just have to drop the .exe in the same folder as your key.bin + nand.bin and then start the .exe.

it's pretty simple...it patches the invalid key.bin and then it attaches the fixed file to the nand.bin...so you'll get a nand.bin that doesn't require the keys.bin anymore (like in bootmii beta 1 + 2).

of course you could hex edit it yourself,but then again why not use this convenient solution? ^^

anyway this shouldn't be happening,since the only reason bootmii beta 4 was released to eliminate this bug...I wonder what went wrong?? hope to see this fixed in beta 5 ^^
November 18, 2009 01:54AM
Does this really work? Because mines usually say dump is from a different wii.. if I have symenu unknown, can I still restore it with any kind of sysmenu?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login