Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BootMii Not Showing Up

Posted by zaczac 
BootMii Not Showing Up
November 25, 2009 06:14AM
Well i just updated my wii to 4.2 and never had bootmii installed, so i went ahead and installed it as boot2 it said it succeded. Problem is when i boot my wii up nothing shows up.. I have the sd card in with the bootmii folder and still nothing.!
am i missing somthing? :S Thanks!
Re: BootMii Not Showing Up
November 25, 2009 05:10PM
What's in the Bootmii folder? Does the LED on the Wii DVD slot light up? Flash twice?
November 25, 2009 05:50PM
Check with another SD-card. Some cards---my noname SDHC included---don't work with BootMii despite working in the installer.
November 25, 2009 05:57PM
It could be a problem with your SD-card, some SD-cards just cannot be used for Bootmii.

I helped a friend of mine install Bootmii on her Wii, she had a Transcend SD-card, 2GB. After installation had been successful we restarted her Wii, but all that happened was that the Wii DVD slot just lit up twice — which is a sign that Bootmii on the Wii cannot find the required Bootmii files on the SD-card.

I had a look on the SD-card, and the Bootmii folder and its files were there, however still it didn't work. So I inserted my own SD-card with the Bootmii files on, started her Wii and voilà — it worked! I ended up giving her an SD-card of mine just laying around, it was a SanDisk SD-card, 2GB. And so she lived happily ever after.
November 25, 2009 06:59PM
Yes it flashes twice and i have tried 2 different SD cards both failed, the wii boots like normal but it does flash twice...
the folder is on the sd card as the installer put it there and still nothing...
November 25, 2009 07:23PM
The flash twice of the disk drive indicates that either there is no SD card, the BootMii files are not present on SD card, or the SD card is unsupported. In your case its the last one.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login