Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Homebrew Channel booting not working.

Posted by PetMetroid 
Homebrew Channel booting not working.
December 03, 2009 08:53PM
I have bootmii installed on my Wii, and I would like it to automatically boot the Homebrew Channel. When I load the Homebrew Channel from bootmii (either manually or automatically) it goes black, plays with the DVD drive a little, and does nothing else. Some jerk on Yahoo Answers told me I "did it wrong." I reinstalled it and nothing changed. Can anyone tell me why it's not loading the Homebrew Channel?
Re: Homebrew Channel booting not working.
December 04, 2009 04:59AM
What version of the Homebrew Channel are you using?

The newer version uses the title JODI whereas the older version uses the title HAXX.

If you are using an older version which uses the HAXX title then BootMii may not be able to find the Homebrew Channel because it is looking for the new title JODI.

Ensure that you install Homebrew Channel using the latest HackMii Installer.
December 04, 2009 10:27PM
Do you have the latest HBC and the latest BootMii? If so, you are experiencing what I have been told is a "known error". There is no way to fix it, and it is unknown what causes it. If you do not have the latest versions of each, that may be the issue. Update both with the HackMii Installer 0.6.
December 05, 2009 09:45PM
Can you just run the hackmii installer over an old version of it, specifically, version 1? I have already updated HBC, but cannot access it from the bootmii menu because of the titleid change.
December 06, 2009 01:42PM
Yes, you can just run the new HackMii Installer, and update BootMii.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login