Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bootmii and infectus

Posted by Erikie 
Bootmii and infectus
December 30, 2009 08:32AM
I have a bricked wii with a boot1 version that prevents bootmii being installed.
Is it still possible to flash boot2 with bootmii in it in this wii to unbrick it?
This is a quote from bushing about flashing bootmii into the nand:

1) The version of boot1 must match the original version that was on the broken Wii. If you can, just reuse the chip from the broken Wii without overwriting block 0. Otherwise, you might have to try 2 or 3 different versions of boot1

2) The version number inside boot2 (choices are 2, 3, 4) on the donor wii must be equal to or higher than the one on the broken Wii. If the donor Wii had boot2v2 and the broken Wii had boot2v3, if you flash a BootMii-modified boot2 section (with boot2v2), it will not boot on the broken Wii.

I have bootmii blocks of boot2v4 so I want to use these.
Re: Bootmii and infectus
December 30, 2009 02:51PM
If you could not install BootMii/boot2 on your Wii normally, it will not work. Forcing an install of BootMii/boot2 would cause boot1 to reject it and refuse to boot the system.
December 30, 2009 02:56PM
You cannot install BootMii as boot2 on this Wii through any method, including with an Infectus.

The only way you can fix this brick is to find someone else with new boot1, get a NAND dump from their Wii, either through BootMii/IOS, Infectus or another program, use betwiin to convert the dump to your Wii. Then use the Infectus to flash it to your Wii. But you cannot install BootMii as boot2.
Also, you need your Wii's keys to do this. If you do not already have them, there is no way to recover your Wii I am afraid.

BTW, what type of brick is it? Are you sure it is a full brick?
December 30, 2009 06:36PM
Erikie
I have a bricked wii with a boot1 version that prevents bootmii being installed.
Is it still possible to flash boot2 with bootmii in it in this wii to unbrick it?

No, however, if you have the keys from the bricked wii, you don't need to install Bootmii. If you don't have the keys, there is nothing that you can do.
January 05, 2010 03:51PM
I don't have the keys as I did not brick the wii myself. Sold a working board to this guy and kept his old board.
I will keep these 'new' boot1 boards and hopefully there will be a way to recover from a total brick in the future.
Until then they serve as spare parts :)

I played around with boot1 and found out that the blue light of drive slot stays blue if the boot1 is not correct :)
If you have a correct boot1 then the drive flashes quickly. I guess nobody ever wants to play with this though.
Even flashed a boot2v4 with bootmii in it and of course it did not work. But I wanted to try anyway. As I had the infectus on the board and all the soldering was done for nothing.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login