Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Reinstall Hackmii in Boot2

Posted by Jenny 
Reinstall Hackmii in Boot2
November 27, 2010 06:08PM
Hi All,
First post here so please be gentle. I recently installed Hackmii with HBC and forgot if I installed as boot2 or ios. I have few questions -

1. Is there a easy way to tell if it was installed as boot2 or ios?
2. If it was installed as ios, what's the safest way to reinstall Hackmii as boot2? Any detail inform is appreciated
Re: Reinstall Hackmii in Boot2
November 27, 2010 06:20PM
BootMii, not HackMii.

And the ONLY way to install or reinstall BootMii/boot2 is with the HackMii Installer, downloadable from : [www.bootmii.org]

The HackMii Installer will also tell you if you have BootMii installed as boot2 or not. As you have run HackMii Installer before, BootMii IS definitely installed as an IOS, but it may also be installed as boot2. Note that it may not be possible to install BootMii/boot2 on your Wii if it was bought in the last year or two. HackMii Installer will tell you if it is possible to install it or not.
November 27, 2010 06:47PM
Thanks for the quick response. What's the best one to run the HackMii Installer again since I have Homebrew Channel installed now?
November 27, 2010 08:06PM
You can run the HackMii Installer from the Homebrew Channel.
Make a folder in the "apps" folder on your SD card and put the HackMii installer "boot.elf" inside; it should be something like this:
SD:/apps/HackMii/boot.elf
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login