Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bootmii menu flashes then exits

Posted by sle118 
Bootmii menu flashes then exits
January 19, 2011 05:51PM
Hello,

Trying to boot with Bootmii installed in IOS does not work. I have tried several SD cards, including a 2GB sandisk.

here is a link to the installer log after I did a second install attempt.
Link

The following like is of interest
installed BootMii/IOS: BM1.3 0x00000008

Removing the SD card and booting gives me a series of flashes which indicates that bootmii is properly installed.

Launching from the Home Brew channel, I see the icons of the bootmii menu briefly flashing and the system reboots

I installed priiloader v0.6 and attempted to launch from there. Same happens: the menu flashes and I am returned to priiloader. The following error message is displayed: "Error Booting Bootmii IOS!".

priiloader has the following info:

IOS v60
Systemmenu v449

Can anyone help?
Re: Bootmii menu flashes then exits
January 25, 2011 08:53PM
Anyone can at least send me in a direction for resolution?
January 25, 2011 09:14PM
I have never heard of this problem before. Try reinstalling BootMii/IOS with the HackMii Installer, and try preparing your SD card again with the HackMii Installer.
January 25, 2011 10:32PM
SifJar
I have never heard of this problem before. Try reinstalling BootMii/IOS with the HackMii Installer, and try preparing your SD card again with the HackMii Installer.

I tried the following:
1- Uninstall BootMii from iOS
2- Exit HackMii
3- Go back to HackMii
4- The option to uninstall BootMii from iOS is still there

Is this to be expected? The option to uninstall BootMii from Boot2 disappeared when I uninstalled it from there (this is where I originally installed it).
January 25, 2011 10:37PM
BootMii/IOS (IOS =/= iOS) is automatically reinstalled everytime you run HackMii Installer, that is why the option reappears each time. Try preparing your SD card again if it still isn't working.
February 26, 2011 07:26PM
I have this exact problem. I successfully installed bootmii on iOS and managed to launch it after the initial install. I turned off my wii, left it for a day, and now when I try to launch from the homebrew menu it flashes the icons and my wii resets. Any ideas? Should I just go through the homebrew setup process again?

Thanks,
Sano
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login