update bootmii?
January 22, 2011 10:01PM
I have bootmii .5 beta installed. I would like to upgrade to .8 beta. Is there a simple way to do this or must I use the hackmii installer again?
Re: update bootmii?
January 22, 2011 11:47PM
Just run the HackMii Installer. Its really not very hard.

EDIT: FYI, you can run it from HBC, you don't need to use an exploit again. Just put the boot.elf in a folder on your SD card called "hackmii_installer", which you should make inside your "apps" folder (i.e. the path to boot.elf should be sd:\apps\hackmii_installer\boot.elf)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2011 11:49PM by SifJar.
January 23, 2011 12:01AM
You probably don't even need to update Bootmii, just choose "Prepare SD card" from the Hackmii Installer menu. That will update Mini and the PPC part of Bootmii, which is where all the changes are made.
January 23, 2011 12:10AM
SifJar
Just run the HackMii Installer. Its really not very hard.

EDIT: FYI, you can run it from HBC, you don't need to use an exploit again. Just put the boot.elf in a folder on your SD card called "hackmii_installer", which you should make inside your "apps" folder (i.e. the path to boot.elf should be sd:\apps\hackmii_installer\boot.elf)

How do I run it from HBC? I have the boot.elf in the directory.
January 23, 2011 12:21AM
The fact your messages don't show up immediately is to stop spam. It does not mean you should post three times. Consider this a warning. Anyway, provided you have it in that folder, it should show up in HBC. Just point at it and press A, like any other homebrew.
January 23, 2011 03:46AM
I am sorry, I did not realize that it was a moderated forum! I had something spelled wrong in the directory. Now it comes up when I go into System Menu and load HBC. I did the "Prepare SD Card" from inside the hackmii installer and it does not appear to have updated anything... just put files on SD card.
I guess I can simply install it again.
When I turn on the Wii, it goes to the bootmii screen, so I believe it is loaded as boot2. Am I correct?
All my other stuff - my homebrew, IOS, stay the same should I run the exploit again, correct?

Oh nevermind.... I figured it out. I used "prepare SD card" and it updated the files in the bootmii directory.
Simple.
Thanks!

Double post merged --bg4545

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2011 04:50AM by bg4545.
January 23, 2011 02:21PM
In hind sight, would it not make more sense to just make the 3 files available to copy into the directory directly?

bootmii
armboot.bin
ppcboot.elf

Essentially all I did was replace those three files with newer versions by running "prepare SD card" thru the hackmii installer.
January 23, 2011 08:23PM
I suppose so... But oh well.
January 23, 2011 11:54PM
There's probably a reason for it.
January 24, 2011 05:00PM
Maybe to combat the pirates who sold TT's software?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login