usb support?
June 01, 2011 11:42PM
I know SD cards are cheap but USB sticks/drives are somewhat more el cheapo and many people have a USB stick at least > 512mb. I personally think that mini should have USB support at least and I hope BootMii will get support. I did read that USB could be implemented on the PowerPC (via AHBPROT), but I know of no from-scratch USB stacks one could work with.

(As Ceiling Cat (BootMii on the Broadway) is currently not open-source I have no clue what to implement on the PPC -- so I would have to use the ARM.)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2011 01:58AM by Tuxed.
Re: usb support?
June 02, 2011 12:02AM
If you feel like writing an PPC USB driver to get added to MINI, feel free and I'm sure that if it is stable and fairly bug free, Team Twiizers will be happy to add it to MINI officially. Until then, don't make demands, make requests. You said MINI "needs" to support USB. It does not. You feel it should, that does not equate to necessity. Try to word requests in a more polite manner in future please. And SD cards are pretty darn cheap =P (I apologise if I come across as rude here, its not intentional; reading back the post it seems a bit like it, but I don't know how to reword it while still getting the point across. Try not to take any offence)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2011 12:04AM by SifJar.
Re: usb support?
June 02, 2011 01:50AM
It was unintentional SifJar -- I reworded it a bit so it wasn't so forceful.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login