Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dop-IOS ES_Functions

Posted by TopGun96 
Dop-IOS ES_Functions
August 17, 2009 03:30PM
I would like to see Dop-IOS with more ES_Functions in IOS 36 for those apps like anytitle deleter that give you all sorts of errors because you don't have this or that in IOS 36. thanks.
Re: Dop-IOS ES_Functions
August 17, 2009 04:01PM
Huh?

Wouldnt a better suggestion be to allow it to use different IOSs?
August 17, 2009 04:07PM
But which IOS's have those functions? I honestly don't know.
August 17, 2009 05:26PM
Arikado
Huh?

Wouldnt a better suggestion be to allow it to use different IOSs?

AnyTitle Deleter MOD by RedSquirrel allows you to select the IOS used.

Or if you mean let Dop-IOS patch ES_ functions into other IOS, apparantly that causes bugs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2009 05:34PM by SifJar.
August 17, 2009 05:32PM
no i mean more than just es identify as anytitle deleter requires more functions in that IOS. (the one you choose)
August 17, 2009 05:34PM
I was replying to Arikado's post, I realise what you mean. But what other ES_ functions are required?
August 17, 2009 05:46PM
I am having the same error message from anytitle deleter as flyguy here

so i guess ES_Open Content and ES_Identify?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2009 05:47PM by TopGun96.
August 17, 2009 05:51PM
It can already do ES_Identify, and thats all thats needed. It will display an error in AnyTitle Deleter, but will still work fine. Just patch ES_Identify in with dop-IOS and then run it. Or just downgrade IOS36 to v1042. Then there will be no error and it will work fine.
August 17, 2009 06:02PM
ahhh ok thanks i see now
August 24, 2009 05:51PM
Actually using less ES_ functions is better. For example ES_Decrypt(ES_KEY_COMMON, .... fails on IOS15 with -1017, while you can do the same manually. And that works with ALL IOS then.

About downgrade, lol, SifJar until now i had the impression you knew something. 1. Downgrade is made of fail. 2. IOS36v1042 won't work on new Wiis (and it's a little complicated to recover it in that case, since no tools from WiiBrew allow to do that).

About AnyTitle Deleter, all it needs is ES_Idenitfy as far as i know. The only problem is that there's a bug the new IOS or the patch or nintendo intented it that way: The 2nd ES_Idenitfy will fail. You have to do an IOS Reload between the 2 ES_Idenitfy, best just before the 2nd one.
August 24, 2009 06:25PM
All I was saying is it gets rid of the error message. I'm not saying you should downgrade, I know its fail. And it shouldnt be too hard to recover, just run Dop-IOS and install the latest version surely? Or use your TBR to reinstall it?
August 24, 2009 10:57PM
i know it is very easy to downgrade an IOS. Dop-IOS will do it just fine.
August 24, 2009 11:29PM
Yes, but downgrading IOS is unnecessary and bad. The latest versions have potentially crucial bug fixes and stuff, so its best to have the latest, and downgrading IOS wont work on all Wiis.
August 24, 2009 11:33PM
it will on mine as it was an end of 2006 wii and yes i know that it is unnecessary
August 25, 2009 08:16AM
Downgrading the system menu IOS or the system menu on new Wiis is a really bad full brick. Since the IOS can't be used, all savemii, modchip and preloader stuff does not work to recover from this. This one of the main reasons why downgrade is fail, and why it should be spread to not downgrade IOS.(there are exceptions where it's "ok", but that's it)

SifJar
All I was saying is it gets rid of the error message. I'm not saying you should downgrade, I know its fail. And it shouldnt be too hard to recover, just run Dop-IOS and install the latest version surely? Or use your TBR to reinstall it?

If you downgraded IOS36 on a new Wii, the Wii will crash as soon as it is loaded. Since libogc adds a IOS Reload for IOS36 to all projects, 98% of homebrew load IOS36 at startup even if that is not part of the code. I did not look into Dop-IOS' source, but i doubt the necessary change to skip that IOS Reload is there.

You need to add this function to sip the IOS Reload for IOS36:
s32 __IOS_LoadStartupIOS()
{
return 0;
}

Oh and i think you can be sure that a tool that is more or less popular but can't be found at WiiBrew is not to be discussed here.
August 25, 2009 11:07AM
Why would the Wii crash if you downgraded IOS36? Its not a System Menu IOS, so the System Menu should run surely?
August 25, 2009 11:34AM
WiiPower
If you downgraded IOS36 on a new Wii, the Wii will crash as soon as it is loaded. Since libogc adds a IOS Reload for IOS36 to all projects, 98% of homebrew load IOS36 at startup even if that is not part of the code. I did not look into Dop-IOS' source, but i doubt the necessary change to skip that IOS Reload is there.
Downgraded IOSs will not run.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2009 11:36AM by bg4545.
August 25, 2009 01:42PM
bg4545
WiiPower
Downgraded IOSs will not run.

That's what i was talking about, when you downgrade IOS36 on a new Wii 98% of homebrew + HBC will stop working. But some IOS can be downgraded on these Wiis, IOS15 for example. I do not know if it has anything to do with the downgrade method or with the fact that IOS15 is not seperated into several modules. I only know that it works, and is most likely done on 100s of new Wiis with the "downgrade = brick" issue.
August 25, 2009 10:45PM
like I said my wii came with System Menu 2.0 soooo... not very worried (and i know you guys are trying to make a point for other users).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login