Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[REQUEST]Using DS as External Controller for Wii

Posted by Andes27 
[REQUEST]Using DS as External Controller for Wii
August 10, 2009 07:10PM
Is it possible to use the DS as an external controller for the Wii over the internet, just like laptops can be used for desktops?

My Idea would be to use the DS to play my Wii from remote locations over the internet.

Can someone make a Homebrew app, or educate me on how on get started?

I know there was a similar request further down the list, just in the opposite direction (i.e. Wii to play DS), so I know a lot of the problems. I'm relatively new on the scene, so I was wondering if this might change anything.

Thanks
Re: [REQUEST]Using DS as External Controller for Wii
August 10, 2009 08:36PM
Not going to happen. No one has found out how to connect the DS To the Wii. Even if we COULD, it's EXTREMELY unlikely to be able to broadcast video and data like that to the DS.
August 10, 2009 10:06PM
This was basically my idea.

Bomber
Just an idea here; have a homebrew app that connects through the router to a server on your computer, then have the same thing with the DS. Have the server link both the DS and the Wii, and there you go.

Is that possible?
August 13, 2009 01:50AM
So you're talking about using the DS as a VNC client and the Wii as a VNC server? either way, not going to happen. Both the Wii and the DS wouldn't be able to multi-task something of that caliber without taking a MAJOR performance hit
September 05, 2009 04:28AM
How about DSLite support though, if this is possible, i have access to a DSi , but the general public still doesnt have it
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login