Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

MPlayer CE channel version

Posted by Hman360 
MPlayer CE channel version
November 25, 2009 07:49PM
I've been looking around and I haven't been able to find any way to give me MPlayer CE as a channel. I know it is possible without WADs, so can anyone do this, or is it too complex? I think it would be very useful to anyone who dislikes having to insert their SD card whenever they want to watch a DVD on their Wii, and don't want to get a DVD player for whatever room their Wii is in.
Re: MPlayer CE channel version
November 25, 2009 08:04PM
it is not possible without wads no. it is possible to do with legal wads though. use CustomizeMii with a legal base WAD (these can be downloaded within the program itself)
November 26, 2009 01:30AM
Oh... well I thought it was (see here). It doesn't seem to work for me, though.
November 26, 2009 01:58AM
An installer that does not need a WAD could be made for it, but that really is unnecessary. There is nothing wrong with using CustomizeMii to make a channel WAD for it. This is especially easy since there are two legal, MPlayer CE base WADs that CustomizeMii can download.

What sort of issue are you having with CustomizeMii?
November 30, 2009 12:25AM
Well for some reason I need to have the SD card in even if MPlayer CE is a channel in the System Menu from CustomizeMii.
November 30, 2009 12:30AM
Are you using an actual MPlayer CE channel or a forwarder? If you have a forwarder, you do need to have the files on an SD card in your wii.
November 30, 2009 12:31AM
I'm not sure. I used CMii to create the wad file. I downloaded it from the app itself.
November 30, 2009 05:33PM
MPlayer CE is dependant on files from the SD card. Just look in SD:/apps/mplayerce/. It requires all of them, much like the "program files" folder in WinFaildows.
November 30, 2009 10:52PM
As maniac said, mPlayer CE requires a few extra files on SD card, so cannot work without SD card inserted. Any app which is ONLY a .dol will work fine as a channel without SD, but if it has external files wont.
December 01, 2009 12:17AM
Hmm... Well then why is it available???
December 01, 2009 08:17PM
to skip HBC
December 01, 2009 08:41PM
make it quicker to launch. The idea behind channels is not eliminating need for sd card, its just to save a few seconds.
December 02, 2009 12:42AM
SifJar
make it quicker to launch. The idea behind channels is not eliminating need for sd card, its just to save a few seconds.

Well, for me it's eliminating the need for an SD card, since I use one SD card for Wii, DS, and Camera. I will say this though, I always make my own channels so I know they're legal.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login