Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

KnyttStories Wii (idea)

Posted by AClockWorkLemon 
KnyttStories Wii (idea)
December 22, 2009 01:01AM
Hi people!
I have just joined these forums, but, however, I have been trying my luck on devkit for some time (about 3 months). I'm not sure if I have been overly ambitious, but I have been trying to create a wii homebrew of the game Knytt Stories by niklas nygren, aka "Nifflas"
Knytt Stories functions as a game engine, which reads 'levels' that are placed in it's worlds folder. these 'levels' are created using an external level editor. My idea was to create a port of the game, not the editor.

Unfortunately my coding skills are... err... shocking (my best script is JavaScript XD)....... as as such, I have not been able to even get close to...well...anything. if anyone is brave enough to try and give this a go, that would be wonderful.
I will provide any support I can, especially on the way the game works, but when it comes to the coding i'm a little out of my depth.

I'm not sure, but I think this is quite possible, as the game reads all of it's data from external files, making the actual application (relatively) simple.

My concepts for the buttons are: (just a rough idea)

In menu:
point=cursor
A=click

In game:
d-pad=arrow keys(move left/right, climb)
2=S(jump)
1=D(use umbrella)
B=A(walk)

EDIT:
The game was originally made in multimedia fusion 2

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2009 12:31AM by AClockWorkLemon.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login