Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Alternative to the SD card menu.

Posted by toadkid 
Alternative to the SD card menu.
December 22, 2009 01:51AM
Okay I know NOTHING about coding or anything really...

But I do know that some people want the sd card menu but are scared or don't know how to update via homebrew.

So is it even possible to make a app that does the same thing the sd card menu does.

That way people wont have to update to 4.0 or whenever you get it.

Idk just an idea.
Re: Alternative to the SD card menu.
December 22, 2009 02:02AM
There's no point in not updating to 4.2 though...
December 22, 2009 02:38AM
So if I update to 4.2 it wont get rid of homebrew?
December 22, 2009 02:41AM
Not if you have the latest versions of everything and if you don't have failcrap USB loaders or illegal wads.
December 22, 2009 02:43AM
Hmm then I should be good.

December 22, 2009 04:26PM
Crisco
Not if you have the latest versions of everything and if you don't have failcrap USB loaders or illegal wads.

sadly even those would work fine, with only minor workarounds. certainly wouldn't be removed.
December 23, 2009 01:37AM
But there is more of a chance of bricking with those isn't there?
December 23, 2009 04:54PM
not really. its just that those who use them are generally n00bs and haven't a clue what they're doing so are like "l0l, i lyk delted my systm mnu IOS lol, now my wii has blck scrn. LOLOLOLOLOL!!!111eleveln". By which I mean, they don't know what they're doing, blindly follow guides, then when something goes wrong, think they know what's happening, try to fix it, and brick their wiis. TBH, its not that dangerous to run a USB loader. illegal wads are slightly dangerous, because you could bannerbrick, but with bootmii or something you're still safe.

but there is no increased risk of bricking from an update if you have these things.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login