Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Daid Can you help me with Guitars on fire

Posted by zrt800 
Daid Can you help me with Guitars on fire
February 07, 2010 10:20PM
Hey Daid, how are you.

I really didnt want to have to try and write you but im kinda stumped. Im not a coder so im having some trouble.

I really love your game by the way. I was using frets on fire for a while now and its pretty good, the biggest problem im having with it is my 3 year old laptop is pretty laggy, Im doing awesome on a song then it starts lagging and freezes and pisses me off.

Dont have that issue on the wii. Its great. haha

I was tweaking the guitar fun stage a little bit, I just opened the .png and changed the color of the outfits the people were wearing and stuff. Just simple stuff. Then I came up with this idea to add some lights to the stage. I made a png file and tried coding just trial and error. I get them on the stage but not where I want to and then I get 2 rows of lights instaed of 1. Everytime I try to change the code im just making it worst haha. Think you can help me out? Im trying to get them to show up above the drummers head.

Thanks dude.
Re: Daid Can you help me with Guitars on fire
February 08, 2010 12:35AM
[pastebin.org]

About this? You might want to tweak it a bit.

And no problem. Helping is what I do ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2010 12:37AM by Daid.
February 08, 2010 01:53AM
Thanks alot. This is great.

I had it all right except the numbers after the draw the lights part I had some of them right too haha. I wasent sure exactly what each number did. I had.

--draw the lights
setPos( 0,5.0,-2, 0, 0,0);
drawTexture(TEX_LIGHTS, 0, 0.25 * getTime(200, 4), 1.0, 0.5, 5, 2.5, 255);

Thanks again dude. And the game is awesome. I love it.
February 08, 2010 04:09AM
Its working great now, I had to tweak the png I made because the didnt line up right. Its pretty cool now. I made a new guitars on fire stage also, I used a Gibson SG instead of the wii controller. And I changed the font to the AC/DC font. haha It looks pretty cool.

Did I mention I love the game man? lol

Thanks

I just noticed the to do list you made for the next version. If I may, id like to make a suggestion also. If you pause in the middle of the song it would be cool it you have the 3 second delay before the game starts again after you unpause, like on guitar hero 5. *thumbs up*
February 08, 2010 11:49AM
Great to hear that you got it working. If you are 100% happy with it, would you mind passing me the files? Then I could include it in the next release :D if you want of course.
February 09, 2010 12:26AM
Yeah man id love to. Im just starting to try and add my own characters and I will when its all done.
February 10, 2010 04:47AM
I put all the files in a folder and zipped it. If you want to give me an email I can send it to ill send them over to you. I pmed you at fretsonfire.net before I wrote this thread. You can reply to me there with an adress if you want.

Edit, gee I didnt even notice you can pm here haha. You can pm me here I guess. lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2010 04:49AM by zrt800.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login