Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PSP Channel

Posted by zeryl 
PSP Channel
February 02, 2010 04:02PM
I would love an app to access my playstation portable. No file access needed just a screen view that way u could watch movies, play psp and psx and ect.. on your television through the nintendo wii usb thank you.
Re: PSP Channel
February 02, 2010 04:16PM
Not going to happen because of hardware reasons. Sorry.
February 02, 2010 05:41PM
^^I was thinking that the PSPs firmware would've been a problem as well, though when I read this topic. Hardware I didnt think would be much of a problem as the Xbox 360 can pick up a PSP connected to it's USB port, as I've read of some 360 users doing so. However that's limited to media stored on the unit itself I believe. Plus it was some time ago when I heard about that. Firmware updates may have blocked off such functions to certain devices.
February 02, 2010 09:02PM
You can easily enough access the media stored on the PSP's Memory Stick via USB, but that is probably it. With CFW on the PSP, you could install RemoteJoy Lite, and it may be possible to write a program to display the output via the Wii, but its probably unlikely anyone would. I dunno how hard it'd be. In that case, you would get visual output, but you'd still use the PSP to control the game.
February 03, 2010 10:38AM
I have remote joy lite and this is exactly what i would like to see, just to view the psp screen. reading files probably wouldn't be too much trouble by mounting pro duo ms. but would like to use as a substitute for component cables most of all, thanks again.
February 03, 2010 07:44PM
I'm not too knowledgeable on the PSP homebrew scene, but I think Remote Joy Lite outputs the audio and visual to a computer by USB, and lets you use a USB gamepad connected to the computer to control the PSP, am I correct? If so, it should I think be possible to have the output displayed through Wii, and perhaps even use Wiimote to control it. But the real question is, is anyone who would be able to do this going to bother?
February 10, 2010 06:19AM
Are you trying to pull a Sony? That's DEFINITELY not supported here.
February 10, 2010 06:20AM
davidcalman_32
Are you trying to pull a Sony? That's DEFINITELY not supported here.
Talking about Sony doesn't violate the rules in any way.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login