Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Idea: Add GC game save installation to GC memory card to save game manager

Posted by nightwishfan1 
Idea: Add GC game save installation to GC memory card to save game manager
March 17, 2010 06:00AM
Not sure how possible this would be, but I figured I'd ask and see what would be said about it. Anyways the idea to add GC saves installation to GC memory cards, to save game manager came to me when I read the page for save game manager. Basically it seems the Wii needs to have access to pre-existing saves it can see on it's flash memory, or w/e save device. I go through my Wii console menus, and such and see that it sees GC memory cards when looking at the data management area, and wondered why this hasnt been tried. I know that programs in the past for GC homebrew allowed you to move saves that wouldnt normally be moveable, but chances of keeping the save as is were slim. So now I figure why cant the same thing be accomplished for GC saves where you can install saves back to GC memory cards? The Wii sees the saves, and as far as I can tell from save game managers description is that is all it really needs is to be able to see the saves.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2010 06:01AM by nightwishfan1.
Re: Idea: Add GC game save installation to GC memory card to save game manager
March 17, 2010 06:24AM
Gamecube Saver
NuGaSa
GameCube Memory Card manager (GCMM)

Also, there's a difference with Gamecube saves as they can't be copied to the Wii.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2010 06:28AM by bg4545.
bg4545
Gamecube Saver
NuGaSa
GameCube Memory Card manager (GCMM)

Also, there's a difference with Gamecube saves as they can't be copied to the Wii.

Not quite what I meant by installing Gamecube saves to the Wii console. I mentioned the Wii could see Gamecube saves through data management as an example that the Wii does see them without any drastic modification to system MIOS or anything. Just a means to have an all in one save manager. Lets call it a proposal to merge one of those programs, or modify one enough to work with save game manager.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login