Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Changing Joystick sensitivity, range, deadzone

Posted by Toothhermit 
Changing Joystick sensitivity, range, deadzone
March 24, 2010 01:50AM
Hello.

I was wondering if there was a homebrew program that allows the user to change the joystick sensitivity of a plugged in gamecube controller and use those settings for Virtual Console games and Wii games (and maybe even customization of the buttons).

I purchased a gamecube controller (thinking it was official by the description on the site and the photo of the official controller) and was pleasantly surprised to find out that the joystick was overly sensitive and it wasn't official at all. When you push the joystick to any side about half a centimeter, the game thinks you've pressed it completely to the side. Kind of sucks for Ocarina of Time and Mario Kart, as you're either turning Link really quickly or losing control in Mario Kart (normally when you make too many movements from side to side in the game, you start slipping and eventually slide out, which happens more often than usual with this problem)

That being said, I doubt there is such a thing, but I thought I would ask anyway, before shelling out more cash to get a proper controller from PlayAsia.

Thanks.
Re: Changing Joystick sensitivity, range, deadzone
March 24, 2010 02:05AM
No, there isn't an app that does that.
Re: Changing Joystick sensitivity, range, deadzone
March 24, 2010 02:19AM
Thanks.

Just took the controller apart and saw how horribly cheap it is. Live and learn.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login