Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WiiMote Music Player

Posted by dicarlobrotha2 
WiiMote Music Player
September 01, 2010 03:08AM
I have an idea!

Use the WiiMote as a MP3 player!

Since the WiiMote is wireless and has a speaker, why not use it as a music player?!

Heres how I would do the button layout...

< -previous-
> -next-
/\ -reverse-
\/ -fast forward-
-- -vol down-
+ -vol up-
A -play/pause-
1 -some other function-
2 -some other function-
B -some other function-

no screen, if a voiceover feature could be made that would be awesome!

maybe use the lights as a volume meter thing.

it would have to stream the audio OTA though... 16KB eeprom isnt enough room to store 2000 songs ;)

If anyone has suggestions or wants to do it leave a reply please!
Re: WiiMote Music Player
September 01, 2010 05:34AM
If this could be done it would be cool. Though the hard part is getting it, the wii to transmit to the remote and the remote being a receiver, I am not much of a coder or have a high knowledge like some the other guys, but I don't think it will work, doubt the remote is set up like that, but a good idea to say the least.
September 06, 2010 06:32AM
dirtrider73068
If this could be done it would be cool. Though the hard part is getting it, the wii to transmit to the remote and the remote being a receiver, I am not much of a coder or have a high knowledge like some the other guys, but I don't think it will work, doubt the remote is set up like that, but a good idea to say the least.
That wouldn't be the problem, the real problem is that the remotes speaker isn't very high quality. Also the remote would have to be connected to your wii for it to work. You might as well just use the TV speakers.
September 06, 2010 04:25PM
PLUS this would suck out battery power fast.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login