Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mii Accessories?

Posted by Luigi886 
Mii Accessories?
August 31, 2010 01:03AM
I think that mii's are a little too dull now, so why not spice it up and get an app that puts in NEW accesorries for the Mii's?

I just popped this up, so no hating please.

Also, IDK if this is already made.
Re: Mii Accessories?
August 31, 2010 01:31AM
An app that puts accessories where? You mean just an app that you can display Miis with accessories?
September 21, 2010 05:46PM
I think S/he means that they would like to see an app that will allow you to tag things like watches, rings , bracelets and all that jazz. So that when we use our miis in games, they would be more visually appealing
September 21, 2010 06:16PM
the pictures used to display miis are build into each game. this would have to be a hack applied to the channel/game that is displaying the mii.

i believe it is the file RFLRes01.arc or RVLFacelib that contains the parts of the miis. this file seems to be included, in some way, in every game that displays Miis. my guess is that since it is always the same file used to get the images, one could create a hacked file and use it in every game with a riivolution patch or the like.

the downside is that changes would be universal. if you have 2 miis that use the same sprite for their eyes, you can edit that sprite to change one mii's eyes, but it will change for both miis. and it will affect every mii drawn with that hacked sprite set.
September 21, 2010 08:39PM
giantpune
the pictures used to display miis are build into each game. this would have to be a hack applied to the channel/game that is displaying the mii.

i believe it is the file RFLRes01.arc or RVLFacelib that contains the parts of the miis. this file seems to be included, in some way, in every game that displays Miis. my guess is that since it is always the same file used to get the images, one could create a hacked file and use it in every game with a riivolution patch or the like.

the downside is that changes would be universal. if you have 2 miis that use the same sprite for their eyes, you can edit that sprite to change one mii's eyes, but it will change for both miis. and it will affect every mii drawn with that hacked sprite set.

This is an interesting concept. Are the images stored as TPLs in that ARC?
September 21, 2010 11:49PM
If this is possible, great. Also I don't mean facial parts, but additions to skin, facial features, hats, etc.

This is also a stretch, but could it be possible to do lower body work? Such as pants, shirts, and colors?
September 22, 2010 05:36AM
possible, yes, but also much more difficult. miis are stored on the nand in a defined number of bytes. its basically just a list like hairstyle 2; eyes 5; distance between eyes 2...

games only know to lookup and use this data. if you try to add something like "has a lower back tattoo yes" you will only be adding a "1" to the structure, assuming there are unused bytes in the struct you can add with. you still have to hack the game so it knows what to do with that new 1 you added to the table so it can turn that into a lower back tattoo on your mii.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login