Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

mohh2 dedicated server

Posted by N2F3 
mohh2 dedicated server
August 15, 2012 02:43PM
Is it possible to make a dedicated server for medal of honor heros 2 on wii. EA closed the offical servers a while back, but a lot of ppl loved this game online, there still isn't a fps game using motion controls without aim assit on any console to my knowledge. i know of at least 100 pll from 1 wii forum who would play using Riivolution.changing the server address on the game should be straight forward, its just the code for the server i have no clue on. any ideas? help appreciated.
Re: mohh2 dedicated server
August 15, 2012 03:51PM
It would probably be rather hard to set up an unofficial server that operates in the same way as the official ones (if they don't operate the same way, the game probably won't work with them), especially if the official ones are now offline, and so can't be reverse engineered etc. It may be possible, but it's probably too much effort I'm afraid.
Re: mohh2 dedicated server
August 16, 2012 02:38AM
Yes its really sad how they just drop servers after people have become addicted to the online. Probably in the future they will have some kind of open server format which all the online games can optionally hook into. But they dont really care and the source code for those server will probably never be released for the next 50 years. Sorry.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login