Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Descent I and II for Wii anyone?

Posted by TheTome 
Descent I and II for Wii anyone?
May 25, 2009 10:13PM
Hey, I was just wondering if there is anyone out there who is considering porting Descent I and II to Wii. The only reason I suggest this is because there is already a project out there to get Descent running on modern operating systems. www.descent2.de This project is opensource, currently written in C++ (and has old sourcecode still available in C), and finally, it makes use of SDL, which should make it a relatively simple application to port to the Wii.

I would do this myself, however I have no knowledge of programming, and I lack a recent enough OS to run the correct software. Thanks in advance to anyone who attempts this!
Re: Descent I and II for Wii anyone?
June 21, 2009 02:08AM
I agree with you. I came here to ask the very same question because descent would be a dream to play with the wiimote and nunchuck. I don't have any coding skills either, but I would love to see someone try to do this. I used to love those games.
June 21, 2009 12:49PM
It might work with DosBox. Give it a try right now! No Wiimote, though.
July 17, 2009 10:57PM
No, doesn't work at DosBox at present. Just crashes the Wii. Although suprisingly X-Wing runs almost perfectly. The only real problem is it is unplayable without the USB keyboard as you can't map any of the controls :P Not going to complain though, a bit of X-Wing is better than none.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login