Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Virtual Gamecube memory card

Posted by spiersad 
Virtual Gamecube memory card
June 12, 2009 08:48PM
Would it be possible to make the wii think that the sd card slot is a gamecube memory card. Maybe even making a folder in the internal memory. I know that when the wii goes into gamecube mode it is not actually emulating anything but could it still be possible to just redirect where it thinks the memory card is.
Re: Virtual Gamecube memory card
June 12, 2009 10:09PM
I think all of the Wii's hardware get's turned off during gamecube mode, you could get an SD gecko though :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2009 10:09PM by Boredom.
June 19, 2009 09:09PM
I dont think this could be done through hombrew although

if your feeling brave you can hard wire the GC memory slot to the Wii SD slot
instructions Here
June 19, 2009 11:56PM
Yeah, as said above when GameCube games are booted, the Wii enters MIOS, which shuts down all Wii functions, effectively turning the hardware into that of a Gamecube. The only way around this would be to either boot the GC game in Wii mode through an emulator, which would mean it would run slow, or to make a custom MIOS, which doesn't lock out all hardware not present in GC. However I believe both would be a lot of work and if they were possible at all (which they probably aren't, I just had a couple of random ideas that I thought may work), they'd probably have been done. Although I think crediar did manage to boot a GC game in full Wii Mode, which would allow you to make a virtual memory card on SD i think.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login