Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mega Merged: Internet Browser Request Thread

Posted by Arikado 
Re: Mega Merged: Internet Browser Request Thread
September 10, 2009 07:28PM
Arikado
I'm just gonna say its free because you couldnt pay me to use it.
that and i guess that before flash 7(or whatever) was used and there is NO WAY they created a dynamically linkable library, they must have either booted linux which is unlikely or they paid adobe to port flash (or some kind of contract), now that they have paid off the debt they can give it for free.

They also probably had a contract with opera as the browser is used for the settings menu, the shopping channel and the internet channel. I think opera want to boost their market share by 100million
September 11, 2009 02:38AM
SteelSLasher
They also probably had a contract with opera as the browser is used for the settings menu, the shopping channel and the internet channel. I think opera want to boost their market share by 100million

how is it used in the setting menu and the shop channel??
September 11, 2009 02:44AM
I dont know about the setting menu, but the shop channel (somebody correct me if I'm wrong) the channel connects to a server. In order to download the stuff you need the points which you have to buy. Im guessing that because Nintendo wants you to pay for the downloads, they had the Opera company do it for them. Again, I dont know this for a fact so someone correct me if I'm wrong.
September 11, 2009 06:54PM
The opera browser is indeed a key part of the System Menu. However, in the System Menu, its in a basic form. The Shop Channel is actually a glorified web link, which opens when clicked, and the settings menu and a few other things are just html files.
September 11, 2009 09:52PM
SifJar
The opera browser is indeed a key part of the System Menu. However, in the System Menu, its in a basic form. The Shop Channel is actually a glorified web link, which opens when clicked, and the settings menu and a few other things are just html files.

Doesnt that imply that the opera browser can be used to hijack the wii settings using javascript, if we can trick the internet channel into think a certain server is the wii menu then we can have complete control which could allow remote access (dont know why)
September 11, 2009 10:18PM
hmmm i like this
September 11, 2009 11:19PM
Um, not really sure what you mean. I know a while back, before Opera was actually released, people found a way of using a proxy to redirect Wii Shop Channel to other sites. There are videos on YouTube of people going to...YouTube. Ha, thats ironic. Anyway, the settings menu's html files are stored locally, so you'd have to use something like FS Toolbox to dump them, edit them, then re-upload them, and re-uploading them is dangerous, because it doesnt re-write the file table or something like that. Basically, I'd say its a bad idea.
September 12, 2009 08:11PM
SifJar
Um, not really sure what you mean.

Since when did HTML standards allow direct access into a computers settings, its not even possible on a pc using a local html file.

The onyl sensible idea is that a few javascript functions have been implemented to allow the access of the system settings from the opera browser. If this is true then it would theoretically by correct that a rogue website could access your wiis settings
September 12, 2009 10:14PM
I guess so...but the settings themselves wouldnt be much use. You can't install channels through settings, so i doubt it could be usable for installing HBC, but it could still be kinda cool. Try dumping the html files with FS Toolbox if you can, and then look at the javascript functions.
September 12, 2009 11:48PM
I don't know if any of you have noticed, but the Google SVN doesn't seem to have been updated since July...correct me if I'm wrong. (There is a 12% possibility that I am.)
September 13, 2009 01:47AM
Hman360
I don't know if any of you have noticed, but the Google SVN doesn't seem to have been updated since July...correct me if I'm wrong. (There is a 12% possibility that I am.)

Yes that's true. I've had absolutely zero time to spend on homebrew lately. I'm sure it's the same with JSMaster.
September 14, 2009 02:31AM
scanff
Hman360

Yes that's true. I've had absolutely zero time to spend on homebrew lately. I'm sure it's the same with JSMaster.

Absolutely right. I just had to suspend development on WiiConnect. :-(
September 14, 2009 10:03PM
jsmaster
scanff
Hman360

Absolutely right. I just had to suspend development on WiiConnect. :-(
Hey! What about me! I am just busy as you guys, all i could do to help my development is draw some pictures of how the gui would look like.
October 04, 2009 10:34PM
Oh... too bad. Are there any other coders that could take your place until you guys have more time? Unfortunately I know very little about this type of coding or I'd offer to help myself.
October 04, 2009 10:48PM
Hman360
Oh... too bad. Are there any other coders that could take your place until you guys have more time? Unfortunately I know very little about this type of coding or I'd offer to help myself.

That would be nice.

Now that the internet channel is free there's not really any rush. But if anyone is interested then jsmaster or myself can add you to the SVN.
October 06, 2009 04:03AM
True, true,... but with me, I get a weird error whenever I try to download the new internet channel from the shop channel... BTW, any idea where I should discuss that (in case there's a topic already set up for it)?
October 07, 2009 09:44AM
Off topic:
I'm kind of worried about jmaster, he hasn't emailed me back in almost a month.

On topic:
Nope, no thread about that yet, although I had it for a while, then once HBC updated (I think like three days ago) it worked???
Idk why... lol...

Edit:
Hman360
jmaster actually offered it to me, and I told him, I'd be glad to, but then I never got a response and that was a month ago...
(which is why I'm worried)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2009 09:45AM by ckinrun.
October 07, 2009 04:50PM
ckinrun
Off topic:

On topic:
Nope, no thread about that yet, although I had it for a while, then once HBC updated (I think like three days ago) it worked???
Idk why... lol...

Edit:
Hman360
jmaster actually offered it to me, and I told him, I'd be glad to, but then I never got a response and that was a month ago...

I'm sure he's fine :)

If you are serious about contributing to this project then I can add you to the SVN. All I need is your google code username.
October 07, 2009 07:50PM
I might upload my concept plan, i have a few ideas such as auto-hide and a smaller keyboard
October 07, 2009 09:41PM
scanff
ckinrun
Off topic:

On topic:
Idk why... lol...

Edit:
Hman360

I'm sure he's fine :)

If you are serious about contributing to this project then I can add you to the SVN. All I need is your google code username.

Wait, which project, XD, to many discussions going on....

I was talking about WiiConnect

But maybe I'd be able to help you with what your doing, what project.
I do have another two weeks off from school, and nothing to do...
So anything to kill some time would be nice.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2009 09:42PM by ckinrun.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login