Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mega Merged: Internet Browser Request Thread

Posted by Arikado 
Re: Mega Merged: Internet Browser Request Thread
October 07, 2009 09:49PM
ckinrun

Wait, which project, XD, to many discussions going on....

I was talking about WiiConnect

But maybe I'd be able to help you with what your doing, what project.
I do have another two weeks off from school, and nothing to do...
So anything to kill some time would be nice.

Why would I be talking about WiiConnect in a thread called - Mega Merged: Internet Browser Request Thread. I was talking about the WiiBrowse project that jsmaster and myself started.
October 07, 2009 11:58PM
scanff
ckinrun

Wait, which project, XD, to many discussions going on....

I was talking about WiiConnect

But maybe I'd be able to help you with what your doing, what project.
I do have another two weeks off from school, and nothing to do...
So anything to kill some time would be nice.

Why would I be talking about WiiConnect in a thread called - Mega Merged: Internet Browser Request Thread. I was talking about the WiiBrowse project that jsmaster and myself started.

Lol, I don't know.
And that's why I asked, better than assuming things and having them be wrong, right?
And, sure, I guess I'll give it a go, I'll go look over the source now (I'm assuming there's already a rev uploaded).

Edit:
Downloading it now.
Gonna get oriented with it, and have a look-see.
Also, quite the hefty source you got there, 15MB.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2009 12:04AM by ckinrun.
October 24, 2009 11:01PM
Hows the project going? Haven't been here in a long time!
October 26, 2009 12:13PM
maxin_013
Hows the project going? Haven't been here in a long time!
wiibrowse has been going well with html rendering (dont know how well since i havent checked)
wiixplore (by me) has been going alright, in terms of networking, i am almost ready to implement the layout renderer from wiibrowse its just that devkitppc has died on me
Re: [IDEA] Homebrew Web Browser
October 28, 2009 01:19AM
I totally agree with you a browser should be made (i suck at coding) so us Homebrew user can browse the internet smoothly, quickly and most importantly we ned a good media player version so we can watch vids no matter what the size or even if possible play games. ( iwas wondering about the memory usage, i mean cant the browser be made to store and use memory from a usb so we dont get the out of memory error?)
October 31, 2009 12:49AM
spyx, I like the idea of the memory outsourcing (Perhaps an external hard drive could be used for extreme memory needs). By the way, I thought you guys merged WiiXplore with WiiBrowse...
October 31, 2009 02:08PM
Hman360
spyx, I like the idea of the memory outsourcing (Perhaps an external hard drive could be used for extreme memory needs). By the way, I thought you guys merged WiiXplore with WiiBrowse...
No, that would be slow as all hell or simply not work.

General rule of thumb: ROM != RAM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2009 02:08PM by Arikado.
November 01, 2009 11:05PM
Which one, WiiBrowse+WiiXplore or memory outsourcing?
November 03, 2009 12:16AM
Memory outsourcing.
November 03, 2009 10:31PM
memory outsourcing would be too slow, we dont have usb 2 afaik, neither are SDHC speeds high enough to be used as ram

the wiis ram runs at aroun 4gb/s compare this to >100mb speed of SDHC, if we can aggressively manage memory we can probably make a pretty decent browser that ninty will look at automatically jizz themselves

right now, my memory management is almost non-existant, i have studied nothing about memory management as i tend to work on systems where memory management isnt a problem, the wii however is completely different and so i or another needs to learn something

also, about the merging, we havent formally decided on anything but for simplicities sake its easier to work on two halves of a browser and then stick them together later, i just hope sscanf has made a nice api for me to follow when i try to intergrate it soon (might be thinking of making a demo app that shows a 302 error page)
November 05, 2009 02:38AM
Oh, okay. I understand what you guys are saying now. Thanks for finally clearing that up. By the way, I hope no one confuses WiiXplore (the internet browser) with WiiXplorer (the file browser) because I nearly did. What are you going to call the final project after merging? I would suggest using the WiiBrowse name to avoid confusion with WiiXplorer (the file browser).
November 08, 2009 07:31PM
maybe even wiinternet
November 11, 2009 02:49AM
Maybe, but it seems a little too generic... (Look at me, talking about the name when I'm not developing it...)
BTW, if you guys need a GUI, then if you give me the requirements, I can make the images needed and perhaps design the layout. I'm good with Photoshop (or rather, GIMP), but that's it. I'm still working with BASIC, so I'm not much of a programmer and I can't actually put together the GUI.
November 13, 2009 09:30PM
Hman360
Oh, okay. I understand what you guys are saying now. Thanks for finally clearing that up. By the way, I hope no one confuses WiiXplore (the internet browser) with WiiXplorer (the file browser) because I nearly did. What are you going to call the final project after merging? I would suggest using the WiiBrowse name to avoid confusion with WiiXplorer (the file browser).
my project was started AGES ago surely i have rights on the name over wiixplorer

i'd prefer the general users to choose a name, but it looks like it might be wiibrowse or wiisurf
November 15, 2009 03:02AM
I understand what you're saying, but you're getting confused (or confusing me). I think yours was WiiXplore, and the file browser, WiiXplorer (which has already been released, BTW) has a name that isn't exactly the same. It has an r at the end. Similar to the Wii and the Vii. (Although I bet everyone knows the Vii is a cheap knockoff of the Wii anyway).
November 15, 2009 04:17AM
Hman360
I understand what you're saying, but you're getting confused (or confusing me). I think yours was WiiXplore, and the file browser, WiiXplorer (which has already been released, BTW) has a name that isn't exactly the same. It has an r at the end. Similar to the Wii and the Vii. (Although I bet everyone knows the Vii is a cheap knockoff of the Wii anyway).

lol never seen the Vii before..... So lame!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2009 04:17AM by scanff.
November 17, 2009 10:14PM
Hman360
my first "release" was before wiixplorer, in fact word of my browser had been circulating for awhile before on small sites and blogs and when gbafail heard of wiixplorer before wiixplore they kind of "attacked" me for "not being imaginitive"
November 18, 2009 03:32AM
SteelSLasher
Hman360
my first "release" was before wiixplorer, in fact word of my browser had been circulating for awhile before on small sites and blogs and when gbafail heard of wiixplorer before wiixplore they kind of "attacked" me for "not being imaginitive"

I think it's a moot point. I'd change the name but it's up to you.
November 18, 2009 10:20PM
scanff
SteelSLasher
Hman360

I think it's a moot point. I'd change the name but it's up to you.
i was going to leave the decision to you, oh wait you just answered that, wiibrowse it is then

as soon as i can implement the renderer we might have a release (MIGHT), seeing as though i have lost some files that might is turning into unlikely
November 19, 2009 06:05AM
SteelSLasher - Rendering needs a lot of work, although you can display a simple HTML page. I've not done anything with it in months. What is useful are the parsers, the HTML parser is pretty solid and I think jsmaster had the CSS parser working well.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login