Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Forced Wii Video Mode Changer App

Posted by milkaholic123 
Forced Wii Video Mode Changer App
June 30, 2009 08:04PM
Can someone please make an app that changes the wii's video mode on your command. To force the video mode to what you want it to be? Dont even bring up the AnyregionChanger because doesnt work for me. Please. I am desperate.
Re: Forced Wii Video Mode Changer App
June 30, 2009 08:05PM
I think you can use Gecko OS to do that. Just go to the options, and it has a list of video modes to force to use when playing a game.
June 30, 2009 09:38PM
What's the problem you have? Did you change to the wrong region and now you can't use ARC again, because the screen is jumping? If yes, you only need to make a ARC mod with your video mode hardcoded, and then you can save your system.
June 30, 2009 09:56PM
He said not to bring up anyregion changer cuz it won't work with his firmware.
July 01, 2009 02:58AM
there is an error code that goes with it though. Whenever I want to change the video mode, it justs doesnt let me. It says an Unexpected error. that is why I want a forced video mode changer. Like gecko os but permanent on the wii menu and everything. I want someone to do this so people with the same problem can use this.
July 01, 2009 10:02AM
Can rebooting with hooks do that? Or are you on to new a firmware to allow that to work?
July 17, 2009 03:25PM
All I am asking is for you to give some advice.
July 17, 2009 05:20PM
If you want help, then please answer SifJar:
SifJar
Can rebooting with hooks do that? Or are you on to new a firmware to allow that to work?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2009 05:21PM by jsmaster.
July 17, 2009 05:31PM
Just realised he already said he wanted it permenant, not like gecko os, so what i said is no good. Is this possible with preloader though? It may be...
July 17, 2009 10:33PM
Are you able to downgrade to 3.2 with ARC without changing the video mode? What firmware version are you currently on? What caused the problem in the first place? Are you able to change the video mode with GeckoOS?

My guess is that preloader would be able to do this, since rebooting with hooks is just temporarily patching the system menu afaik, and preloader would just patch the system menu on every boot, making it "permanent."
July 18, 2009 02:48PM
No i am not able to downgrade with any region changer. i am on 4.0U. I downgraded to 4.0E then the video mode changed. I have been using the PIP option on my TV so I can see more clearly. I am on 4.0U now but the video mode didnt change back. Yes. I use Gecko OS to play my games. I have been doing that for 5 months after my video mode changed.

Where can I download preloader(just asking to make sure. I know it is on wiibrew), and how do I change my video mode on there. And I need pics the app so I can see.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2009 02:49PM by milkaholic123.
July 18, 2009 02:51PM
You'll need a Trucha Bugged IOS35 to install preloader on 4.0. there are ways to get one, they're just not supported here.
July 18, 2009 02:53PM
Also can you give me a step by step tutorial on how to change the video mode on preloader. since I cant see with the flicker I need a navagation guide to.
July 18, 2009 02:55PM
how do I apply it on my wii? I'll find the IOS on my own.
July 18, 2009 02:58PM
Also. I read the preloader description on wiibrew. It says it makes permanant changes to your wii. I have BootMii installed. If something were to go wrong, would I be able to upload my backup NAND to unbrick me?
July 18, 2009 02:59PM
please don't double post. You don't need to upload your NAND.bin, just restore it if anything goes wrong. I would backup just before you install preloader.
July 18, 2009 03:03PM
I know. When ever I try to change the video mode, i always backup.

So basically,

How do I install Preloader?

How do I change my video mode on Preloader?

What do I do if something goes wrong? (more detailed please)

Can someone tell me where go when changing the video mode?

Can I change the video mode by a settings.txt?

And can someone give me a tutorial?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2009 03:13PM by milkaholic123.
July 18, 2009 04:59PM
Installing Preloader is a sinch, just run it, and it installs in seconds. To change your video mode, you'll need to find a code for the hacks.ini file. I'm not sure if anyone has made a code to change the video mode, but the information for this could probably be found in the GeckoOS source. If something goes wrong, you're screwed, so make a backup with BootMii before installing. That way, you can restore this backup if something goes wrong. There is no settings.txt for preloader, but a hacks.ini file, which will be what you need to change.
July 18, 2009 05:08PM
yeah, but you need a trucha bugged IOS35 to install it.
July 18, 2009 05:37PM
Preloader works on 4.0 as of version 2.9

-The installer includes an IOS patcher which when found patches IOS60 so preloader can fully work with system menu 4.0

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2009 05:42PM by jsmaster.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login